The Strategic Sourcing Manger, Human Resources Services contributes to Nordstrom success by developing and leading sourcing strategies, managing suppliers, building and strengthening trust and relationships with internal stakeholders, and delivering best in class performance for the Human Resources category. Consistently delivers measurable and strategic goals to enable a competitive advantage to bottom-line and top-line company growth and corporate social responsibility leadership. Collaborates and communicates clearly and professionally both internally, at all levels, as well as with external suppliers. Develops effective multi-year negotiation strategies to enable success. Manages a strategic spend of up to $100Mm plus. The Human Resources Strategic Sourcing Manager is an individual contributor role responsible for the sourcing of Hr Services at Nordstrom, Inc.
This is a Remote hire position; Nordstrom is able to offer remote employment of this position in all Us states except Ar, Ms, Mt, Ne, Nh, Nd, Sd, Vt, Wv, and Wy.
A day in the life…
- Independently draft, negotiate, and manage the contract life cycle of a wide variety of complex Human Resources agreements, such as Benefits, Services, etc.
- Develop effective multi-year negotiation strategies to deliver both bottom and top line results.
- Lead highly complex cross-functional teams and sourcing projects.
- Communicate clearly, effectively, and concisely with all levels, including presentation skills.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and timeliness.
- Display the ability to be flexible with changing priorities and workstreams.
- Collaborate effectively internally and with suppliers.
- Proven capability of building strong, collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Employ strong knowledge of key Human Resources industry players, competitors, and market dynamics.
- Develop and execute category strategies.
- Utilize category expertise, understanding of primary risk factors, and cost reduction opportunities within Human Resources spend categories to drive results, manage costs, and mitigate risks.
- Develop effective business and professional relationships with strategic suppliers and key industry players.
- Professionally manage and measure suppliers for continuous performance and improvement.
- Employ advanced program and project management tools, solutions, and techniques.
- Effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines with the ability to prioritize and communicate with all involved parties.
- Independently solve problems and make decisions for primary and strategic execution and tactical issues within the relevant portfolio of projects and or processes.
- Provide day to day oversight and drive for strong business results.
- Effectively collaborate with Strategic Sourcing peers and leadership.
- Identify unique sources for data and information to leverage in category strategy and influencing.
- Lead using demonstrated and proven experience, and the application of best practice sourcing skills.
- Identify and capture cost savings and operational improvement opportunities.
You own this if you have…
- 6+ years of experience in category management, strategic sourcing, or procurement with Human Resources and in-depth knowledge and experience in managing the procurement of indirect spend categories. Experience with Human Resources categories is strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Human Resources sourcing category strategy, supplier relationship management, ‘should-cost’ models, and multi-year negotiation strategies, supplier continuous improvement programs and Lean Initiatives.
- Knowledge of contracting best practices and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of business ethics and Nordstrom Ethical Sourcing Requirements.
- Ability to influence at an Executive Level both internally and externally. Ability to lead and influence peer groups both internally and externally.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication.
- Strong experience with Ms Office Suite.
- Ability to structure Rfx, evaluate proposals against a broad set of evaluation criteria and provide recommendations for vendor selection.
- Knowledge of contracting trends, models, and traditional and emerging contract and vendor performance models; expert negotiation tactics and strategies; proven track record of negotiations that result in cost savings and risk mitigation.
- Experience with a Source to Pay platform (e.g. Coupa) is preferred.
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and Eap Resources