Objective Of The Position
The James Perse Furniture Sales Manager is a true business owner with overall responsibility for overseeing the showroom staff, product, merchandising, client order management, and customer experience. To support the Company’s fast growing furniture and home accessories division, the Sales Manager must (i) possess a deep understanding of interior design and product, brand, and market trends; (ii) actively build relationships with clients and the design community; and (iii) and identify appropriate marketing and promotional opportunities to increase brand and product awareness and sales. The Sales Manager must be a highly organized, solution-oriented leader, model effective selling and service, and cultivate a culture of excellence in the showroom.
Essential Job Duties And Responsibilities
Furniture Sales And Order Management
- Understand fully the furniture showroom budget, sales and profitability goals, and controllable expenses.
- Set individual sales goals for each team member and coach staff to achieve and exceed individual sales goals and showroom Kpis.
- Regularly analyze sales reports and data to measure showroom performance.
- Manage all product orders from placement to delivery; coordinate and manage quotations, billing, deliveries, and installations.
- Ensure that the showroom team is fluent in product knowledge, company history, and brand values, and can effectively communicate the same to clients.
- Maintain active leadership presence on the sales floor.
- Demonstrate highly effective selling and client relations techniques, and provide real time feedback on selling and service culture.
- Develop repeat sales, new relationships and future business.
Client Service And Experience
- Support and represent the brand by executing all responsibilities in a manner that complements the Company’s founding philosophy – delivering an elevated product and service experience in a sophisticated, California luxury environment.
- Master and continuously achieve Company standards for client service, selling processes, and client development efforts.
- Satisfactorily and timely resolve order issues and/or customer complaints; educate and empower showroom staff to do the same.
- Guide and support the staff in creatively individualizing the customer experience.
- Ensure that all staff members adhere to the wardrobe standards for the current season, and appropriately represent the James Perse brand at all times.
- Collaborate with corporate to identify marketing and promotional opportunities – in and out of the showroom – to build sales.
- Manage approved events/incentives that will grow client base.
- Develop, and coach showroom team how to build a broad client base of retail customers, designers, and architects.
- Regularly measure success of client building strategies, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Monitor business trends that impact showroom success and develop a deep understanding of local market and client base.
Visual / Operational Objectives
- Implement and maintain Visual Merchandising consistent with corporate directives.
- Ensure the selling floor is immaculate in presentation and condition showroom music is to volume standard and all florals, vases and other showroom displays are maintained to standard.
- Complete all required reporting, business reviews, and recaps as requested by corporate.
- Maintain professional and effective communication with members of corporate office, other showrooms, landlord representatives, and vendors.
People Experience, Development, And Retention
- Inspire and motivate the showroom team by consistently being a credible example of a brand ambassador, conducting him/herself with the highest level of work ethic and integrity in all aspects of the business.
- Cultivate a culture of excellence, which prioritizes positivity, teamwork, effective communication, accountability, and respect.
- Conduct regular showroom meetings (morning, weekly, monthly, etc.) to motivate the team and communicate corporate initiatives.
- Continuously source and recruit exceptional talent for the James Perse brand. Ensure retention of top talent and succession planning in partnership with Human Resources.
Skills / Competencies
- 5+ years’ experience in high-end furniture sales, with a proven history of achieving measurable sales goals.
- 2+ years’ experience in people management.
- Well-connected in the design community
- Must possess a proactive, entrepreneurial spirit paired with interior design savvy and deep product knowledge
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Able to articulate and exemplify brand vision
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to teach, inspire, and lead by example
- Able to multi-task, problem-solve, and effectively communicate in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Communicates effectively and professionally
- Able to understand and interpret business data
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Walking, standing or sitting for extended periods of time as customer needs dictate.