This role’s key purpose is to drive the Client Engagement performance in the Americas region with client retention, re-activation and acquisition objectives. This role will act as central regional leader of resources, budget and key stake holders at our Americas corporate client engagement office with the aim to plan and implement a consistent and commercially impactful customer strategy, aligned with the global strategy.
Connecting With Others
- CE regional Managers
- Market directors and store managers
- Head Office Client and Marketing teams
- Regional Marketing/events team
- Retail operations
- Merchandising and Planning Visual Merchandising
The Client Engagement Senior Manager will lead a team of three (3) to develop, manage and execute all client related activities in the Americas, ranging from commercial animations to highly personalized, elevated top client experiences. This role will be pivotal in supporting the retail stores in achieving their retention and acquisition targets.
Development of engagement activities
- Develop a menu of activations and experiences adapted to each client segmentation tier
- Work on in-store and out of store experiences for clients from concept inception to execution, with proper coordination and communication with stores and cross functional partners to ensure commercial success
- Maximize productivity of activations for the region with appropriate client target segmentation strategy
- Develop any tools necessary for practical application at the store level around engagement
- Organize complex, large scale client events including product presentations and client experiences
- Source and negotiate agreements with multitude of external vendors, partners and agencies
- Proactively work with the regions to build a well thought out calendar of activations for the region, taking into consideration prior year’s calendar of activities and results
- Provide regions with brand marketing, product/merchandise focus and client engagement calendar to develop client plans and strategies
- Develop close relationship with global headquarters to advocate region’s needs, collaborate on event execution to adhere to brand guidelines and communicate regularly on regional plans and results
- Work with marketing and other cross functional partners on the execution of client activities, supporting the retail teams with assets, evites, catering and other requests
- Look for opportunities in calendar of client activities to drive commercial opportunities or client upgrades. Proactively suggest themes or ideas to drive clients into stores with our regional Client Engagement team.
- Work with finance on a monthly basis on the tracking of budget per store vs actualized expenses.
- Communicate with stores on their progress of budget
- Guide stores towards productivity of activations and management of budget
- Timely collection and payment of client engagement invoices and payments Client Development:
- Support and promote various in store group appointments and experiences that will continue to grow client customer base
- Work closely with CRM team to understand stores’ performance in retention at various client tiers to devise strategies to reach customer targets
- Lead Contract negotiations with our legal teams and various external partners, including charities and personal shoppers
Qualification And Skills
Leadership, teamwork, great organization skills, ability to work on a very fast paced environment and many projects at same time, ability to prioritize and communicate effectively with stores and leadership teams, attention to detail, entrepreneurial, budget management
- 5 years+ of experience in luxury retail industry Client and brand events
- Organization of events
- Frequent interaction with luxury/HNWI
Measures Of Success
- Number Of Client Engagement Activities And Associated Sales Revenue
- Retention And Acquisition Targets
- Business Results
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
- Expected base salary for the role will generally be between $130,000.00 and $135,000.00 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base salary if hired will be determined on an individualized basis and is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, short and long-term incentive packages, and Company-sponsored benefit programs.
- This position is at-will and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.