Reporting to the Senior Manager of Planning and Producing, the Associate Manager of Studio Inventory leads a team of Coordinators and Associates to manage the merchandise in, through and out of our best-in-class Studio. They are responsible for studio inventory operations performance by ensuring the accuracy of inventory and stock locations at all times, and overseeing the flow of goods to and from the Distribution Center(s). By contributing to initiatives to improve daily operations, productivity, communication and ways of working as it relates to studio production processes, workflows and standardization of tools and procedures, They will deliver flawless execution and efficient inventory flow that meet SSENSE objectives. This role works closely with all Studio functions, Supply Chain, and Distribution Centre, and requires a highly collaborative style and the ability to influence and motivate.
Inventory Management – 40%
- Track and achieve inventory KPIs using a metric dashboard, ensuring information is communicated to the studio team and stakeholders in a timely and actionable manner.
- Management of Inventory Coordinators and Associate payroll budgets to maximise productivity
- Ensure inventory count is managed accurately and efficiently, provide actionable corrective measures to improve the flow of operations
- Analyse, proactively communicate, and react to inventory planning.
- Maintain proper inventory density on hand, turnover, and flow to support business goals
- Manage supplies, plan adequate maintenance of equipment and ensure the functionality of technology in support of the inbound and outbound inventory management.
- Support, promote and assume responsibility for loss prevention in all areas of inventory management and accuracy.
People Leadership & Development – 30%
- Lead hiring efforts and conduct interviews to attract and retain top talent
- Oversee the on-boarding and training programs for all levels of the team
- Support in the creation and development of training documentation for the team
- Hold weekly one-on-ones, conduct performance reviews, analyze individual KPIs and assess promotion readiness to help each contributor evolve in their roles
- Establish team goals, with the Departmental Leader, and monitor team’s progress towards achieving objectives
- Ensure team mobilization by regularly gauging team spirit and implementing appropriate means to create a work environment that fosters healthy communication, collaboration and productivity
- Ensure compliance of studio operations, health and safety, maintenance and company policies and protocols.
Continuous Improvement & Growth Support – 30%
- Translate continuous improvement and Studio strategic and growth initiatives into operational requirements as an input to the capacity and resource plans and/or process and workflow change requirements
- Lead the implementation of business initiatives to improve daily operations, productivity, communication and ways of working as it relates to studio inventory operations performance, processes, workflows and standardization of tools and procedures
- Nurture operational best practices and cross-departmental collaboration by instilling a continuous improvement culture, elevate team knowledge base, develop clear decision-making framework, risk mitigation and contingency plans
- Build strong relationships with the warehouse and technology teams to continuously improve processes that drive operational effectiveness and quality
- College or University diploma in Logistics, Business, Management or a related analytical field
- 1-3 years experience in coordination or logistics within a fashion or e-commerce environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, Web and computer-savviness
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and French
- Experience drafting, documenting and implementing new procedures
- Knowledge of Wms systems, an asset
- Understanding of warehouse operations, an asset
- Open to working evenings and weekends, as required
- Ability to walk 5 km per day with equipment and/or stand for extended periods, when required
- Capacity to synthesize, analyze and present reporting information to technical and studio business stakeholders at various levels of the organization
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities and deadlines in a fast paced production environment
- Creative and agile thinker who is self-motivated and collaborative
- Ability to coach and mentor employees to achieve personal and professional goals
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and delegate tasks
- Excellent analytical, problem solving skills; able to think both ‘big picture’ and in the details