The Facilities Systems Engineer – BAS & MEP, will support, through program management, the Nordstrom Facilities team and will have full accountability and ownership of the equipment reliability-based program for all business units (Store, Corporate, and Supply Chain). This position is responsible for developing a sustainable reliability program and leading the process in a manner that will have a direct impact on equipment safety, efficiency, uptime, quality, cost management, customer satisfaction, innovation, and ultimately profitability. This position is responsible for developing a sustainable and forward-looking program that will cover asset lifecycle, yearly capital planning and execution, asset accountability, and 5 – 10 year rolling capital project plans that will have a direct impact on equipment safety, efficiency, uptime, quality, cost management, customer satisfaction, innovation, and ultimately profitability.
A day in the life…
- This role will be heavy on key areas like HVAC (EMCS, Networking/Monitory, Lighting – Fixtures/Lamps improvement, demand limiting, and load shedding), MEP(Boilers, Water Treatment, Vertical Transportation, Restaurant Equipment, Handyman, Plumbing and Design, Roofs, Doors, Air Compressor Maintenance program, and Spare parts) and a good understanding of material handling equipment in a supply chain business environment.
- Develop, implement, and own strategies that will improve current maintenance practices and processes, driving better equipment uptime, lower repair costs, and lower material inventory levels/costs.
- Focus on establishing, owning, and driving standard maintenance/reliability programs and practices that will focus on building world-class equipment reliability.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to develop and implement training strategies to increase skill sets across Nordstrom facilities network.
- Promote network standard and original equipment manufacturer (OEM) subject matter experts to develop reliability efforts through enhanced communication and best practice sharing.
- Partner with Facilities Managers and/or partner vendors to coordinate maintenance activities in support of driving World Class Maintenance.
- Own and regularly respond with subject matter expertise to maintenance/equipment-related questions, own access to and distribution of Oem technical bulletin updates and facilitate strong communication with Oem vendors.
- Work with Maintenance Connection (MC) program managers to leverage the value of our Mc computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) for tracking work orders, planned/predictive maintenance, spare parts inventory/sharing, Mro management, and maintenance history of the equipment.
- Develop, own, and deliver comprehensive maintenance and reliability training to maintenance resources in conjunction with Business Performance/Continuous improvement manager.
- Through analytical tools, work with other program managers/Asset Program Managers to identify equipment end of life (EOL) opportunities, required equipment and process upgrades, and guide through long-term capital investment plans for facilities.
- Project execution within existing structures and/or new building which may include Electrical infrastructure upgrade, Generator’s removal, and installation plan, building switchgear guidance and installation, building distribution panels, safety, Fire Life Safety – Systems, Air Compressors maintenance and installation, Waste Handling Equipment, Power Industrial Truck Equipment (PIT), Material Handling Equipment (MHE), MHE controls and Mechanical/ Electrical/ Plumbing (MEP)
- Develop and implement strategic reliability program around HVAC assets MEP, MHE, and restaurant equipment.
- Analyze equipment downtime data, develop, and manage warranty processes that will drive Oem uptime and lower costs.
- Develop maintenance benchmarking data / KPIs and analyze results to drive improvements amongst like sites within the Supply Chain network, stores, and corporate.
- Uses Reliability Centered Maintenance principles to establish and optimize maintenance strategies for assets.
- Analyzes asset data to determine the most effective Preventative/Predictive Maintenance program to minimize asset failures and maximize overall maintenance effectiveness at multiple facilities within Jwn facilities departments.
- Performs asset failure investigations to reduce asset downtime by utilizing reliability methodologies and tools.
You’ve got this if…
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Business or other related engineering degree OR 7+ years of equivalent professional or military experience.
- Experience in MEP, HVAC, Advance Building Automation System, Reliability Centered Maintenance with electrical theory, Robotics, Control’s components, automated equipment
- Expertise in the knowledge of Building Mechanical Systems and Building Automation Systems. equipment, systems, and processes such as electrical/instrumentation, piping, valves, pumps, the material of construction, fire detection and controls, material handling equipment, and building/structure maintenance.
- Extensive experience working with typical industrial facility equipment (assets) including HVAC, pumps, motors, valves, fans, material handling equipment, restaurant equipment, refrigeration, tanks, and piping. Also has experience with instrumentation and electrical equipment.
- Systems integration experience.
- Innate curiosity to keep current on developing technologies in the building automation field to support the evolving retail industry.
- Experience supporting a wide range of different HVAC OEMs like Trane, conveyors, and sortation systems, including SDI, Dematic, and Intelligrated/Honeywell.
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively, influence, and lead change management strategy
- Up to 20% travel to locations required.
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points…
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.