The General Manager (Gm) is responsible for leading Nordstrom Distribution Network operations team. This position directly manages a team of both support and operations, focused on efficiency of day-to-day operations, cost reductions, key programs and capital projects affecting the building, and general management of all processing duties. Developing the team to create a strong culture of growth and learning is critical to the Gm role—enforcing Nordstrom’s position in the community as the employer of choice.
A day in the life…
- Functional leader of the building (~300 total employees), running a new playbook of highly automated, Lean-driven processes. This level of management takes a leading, deciding, driving and integrating approach to managing the organization.
- Supports Managers across all shifts (24 X 7 operation)—responsible for all processing functional areas in achieving our customer promise through goals of safety, team and results
- Drives recruiting, training and development of managers and employees—including partnering with key support functions to ensure short and long-term plans are defined and executed
- Drives effective communication across processing areas to ensure building alignment to goals and key initiatives, including driving change management and adoption across teams
- Participates as key stakeholder in building level process, capital or other improvement projects; serves as a subject matter expert on network-wide improvement/efficiency programs. Plans programs to achieve high-level business objectives established by top-level management
- Lead and promote Lean philosophy across all production areas to ensure continuous improvement in processes and procedures
- Coach and develop team and identify next set of leaders
You own this if you have…
- A Bachelor’s or Mba degree in Engineering, Operations or related field
- A minimum of 10-15 years of Supply Chain leadership experience in Fulfillment or similar environment, with preference on high automation experience and establishment/opening of new sites/locations. Graduate-level degree in related discipline a plus.
- Proven track record of driving change and Lean/Continuous Improvement process throughout all levels of a site.
- Demonstrated capability in managing teams, in verbal and written communications skills and in creating effective relationships to influence and collaborate.
- Strong belief and experience in data-driven decision making
- Proven ability to build effective teams and lead through influence and collaboration.
- Ability to develop reliable, cost effective systems and procedures
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and Eap Resources
A few more important points…
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.