What This Position is All About:
A Client Development Manager is essential in driving sales for the company by developing the selling and clienteling abilities of a team of Luxury Sales Stylist. Under the direction of the General Manager or Assistant General Manager of Merchandising, you are expected to create a high performance team by consistently coaching for optimal sales results, maintaining high visibility on the selling floor to oversee and strategize their team’s development and success, and connecting with customers to build sustainable client relationships through exceptional service and consistent outreach.
In this role, you are accountable for recruitment, onboarding, training, and additional human resource processes. As growth is demonstrated, your tasks and responsibilities will include:
Who Are You:
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment where no one day is the same
- Able to organize an build structural processes
- Inspire others thought thoughtful leadership
- Able to strategically come up with solutions based on research and critical thinking
- Drives positive outcomes through objectives and measures & monitors progress & results successfully.
- Constantly looking for ways to improve the way things are done & comfortable with change and challenging conventions.
You Also Have:
- 4 year degree preferred.
- Proficiency in utilizing available technology, Word, Excel etc is required. Must be flexible in scheduling as the business needs require evening weekend and holiday schedules.
- 3+ years of management experience with comparable volume or a proven track record of success managing a selling workforce and achieving result
As The Client Development Manager, You Will:
- Client Development
- Work closely with each Style Advisor to ensure they successfully:
- Establish deep relationships with clients and drive repeat business to achieve sales goals and event goals
- Consistently deliver memorable shopping experiences to all clients; plan client appointments to maximize results
- Maximize every appointment with a client to address their fashion needs and those of the client’s network
- Inform clients of in-store events to enhance their experience of Saks and increase engagement
- Diagnose client spend and identify opportunities to increase engagement and wallet share
- Increase new client acquisition by leveraging various marketing tools such as ccA+, social media platforms, referrals and networking
- Business Development Through Technology
- Coaching & Developing Style Advisors to:
- Use technology & data to drive their business and develop a growth mindset
- Building their personal brand as a fashion authority through proactive marketing and outreach
- Strategically leveraging social media platform to promote themselves as a fashion influencer and broaden connections beyond client base
- Using multiple channels of technology to strengthen existing relationships and drive new client acquisition
- Using ccA+ clienteling tool to stay connected with the client and make targeted recommends based on shopping history and preferences
- Using technology to deliver 24/7 service
- Taking initiative to stay informed on new merchandise deliveries in the store to maximize selling potential
- Training on the use of ccA+, Salesfloor, and SaksCnct.
- Management leader on the floor to help resolve client issues and support the general running of the selling floor
- Ensure advisors provide a comfortable and welcoming shopping environment for the client by ensuring the ongoing maintenance of the selling floor, fitting rooms and customer areas, filling in merchandise and recovering the floor as needed
Recruitment & Onboarding
- Collaborate with Talent Scout team to ensure jobs are filled in order to drive business
- Creating digital flyers & distributing to store leadership for social media posting
- Oversee the recruitment of current and potential top sellers in order to achieve year-over-year growth
- Interview Style Advisor candidates
- Schedule & interview candidates regularly
- Respond to candidate inquiries relating to benefits, schedules, perks, culture, etc.
- Human Resource functions and responsibilities: Scheduling, time keeping, performance management, opening tickets.
- Partner with the People Solutions Group to resolve escalated employee relations issues and conducts follow up where needed
Your Life and Career at Sfa:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental)
- An amazing employee discounts