Purpose and Scope
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our Retail team as a Stylist. The Stylist will be responsible for providing excellent customer service, maintaining merchandise and store appearance, as well as meeting and exceeding established sales goals. Other duties include assisting with customer transactions, maintaining and achieving high operational standards, exceeding merchandising goals, and developing a clientele base.
- Learning, referencing and applying product knowledge information to recommend, select, and obtain merchandise based on customers’ needs.
- Establishing, meeting, and exceeding sales and performance goals.
- Building lasting relationships with customers and expanding the client book.
- Maintaining a positive, energetic, and upscale atmosphere reflective of the John Varvatos brand.
- Exceeding expectations in identifying store trends and communicating these trends to the buyer.
- Connecting with customers and understanding their needs, such as documenting and communicating customer requests.
- Proactively seeking opportunities to up sell and add-on additional merchandise, while enhancing the customer’s experience, not overwhelming them.
- Continually display exemplary customer service in dealing with all clients.
- Display creative problem solving abilities in accommodating client needs (returns, damaged merchandise, etc.).
- Assist with stocking merchandise on shelves, as well as assisting with pricing merchandise and maintaining a clean and organized appearance of the store.
- Strong work ethic and customer service mentality.
- Complete understanding of the John Varvatos customer and lifestyle.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Driven and enthusiastic in exceeding sales goals.
- Resourceful and hands-on approach to problem solving.
- Extremely motivated, with the drive and follow-through skills to increase clientele base and aid existing clients in growing their John Varvatos collection.
Education and Training
- Relevant work experience.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2+ years as a luxury sales professional.
- Fluency or conversational level in a foreign language a plus.
Health & Wellbeing Benefits Plan include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Fsa) & Dependent Care Accounts
- Commuter & Parking Saving Accounts
- 401(k) Enrollment – Traditional 401(k)
- Paid Time Off & Sick Leave
- Voluntary Additional Life & Disability Coverage for Spouse and Child(ren)
- Basic Life and Disability
- Short/Long-Term Disability
- Accident & Critical Illness
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pet Insurance
- Personal Clothing Discount and Clothing Allotment