As a Store Operations Manager for Zegna – 57th Street, you will play a key role in supporting the achievement of strong sales results through operational excellence with integrity. You will be responsible for leading the store’s operations, support, and tailor shop teams. You will ensure the store maintains optimal organization, an efficient stockroom, and an accurate inventory. You will work closely with the store manager to ensure your team’s processes, functions, and workflow prioritize creating an elevated shopping experience for clients while working to minimize inventory shrink and assets loss. The core responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
How You Will Contribute:
- Proactively partner with the store team and Retail Operations department to ensure consistent operational excellence is maintained and in line with Zegna’s Store Excellence Audit standards and Sox compliancy.
- Manage all aspects of the store operations and store support teams, in close collaboration with the store manager.
- Oversee all store training on operations, policies, processes and procedures
- Partner with the store ops team to ensure an accurate and organized store inventory at all times – oversee periodic store cycle counts, scheduled inventories, and reconciliations
- Maintain accountability for the overall inventory results, working to achieve shrink variance results in line with company expectations.
- Provide overall support with the shipping and receiving process, taking the necessary steps to troubleshoot and resolve any issues
- Ensure timely movement of merchandise while adhering to all procedures and guidelines, including but not limited to transfers, consignments, consolidations, damages and Eos returns, maintaining accurate and precise record keeping and documentations.
- Oversee IT concerns, partner with IT dept to resolve and manage any ongoing issues
- Partner with store planning and retail ops department to oversee store cleaning and maintenance, ensuring concerns are addressed quickly and effectively
- Partner with store manager to ensure all vendor invoices are reviewed for accuracy and returned to Accounts Payable in a timely manner.
- Place orders as needed for all store supplies
- Oversee uniform management for all of the store employees.
Tailor Shop Standards
- Works within a pre-set budget, partnering with Gm and Tailor Shop Coordinator to ensure budgeted external mending costs are not exceeded
- Oversee a Unionized tailor shop team, familiarizing yourself with the current bargaining agreement between the union and Zegna.
- Manage all aspects of the unionized team, monitoring productivity and regularly communicating results to store manager.
- Work closely with the tailor shop coordinator to manage the internal and external tailor shop workflows, managing all movement of product between the store and the offsite tailor shop, ensuring all alterations are ready for pick-up or shipping by the expected promise date or rush deadlines.
- Monitor tailor shop closely to ensure quality control and garment finishing processes meet standards. Partner closely with Gm to establish action plan to correct QC issues.
Who You Are:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and team working skills
- Able to successfully lead people and processes, inspiring change within a dynamic environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft office programs with particular strength in Excel
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to analyze information, identify business priorities, and problem solve
- Experienced with technology to utilize internal retail systems and shipping software programs
- Previous tailor shop management a plus