The Sales Professional is responsible for providing an outstanding client experience and meeting or exceeding sales objectives.
Creating an outstanding client experience is critical aspect of this job. It is accomplished by creating a positive, inviting and fun environment for the discerning client. This includes enthusiastic, presentable and knowledgeable Sales Professionals that understand the client, attractive and inviting displays, as well as clean and well-lit stores with the best selection of watches for the local market. An outstanding client experience also includes fully satisfying the client as it relates to the servicing a new or existing watch.
It is crucial that the Sales Professionals focus on developing a long-term relationship with the client that is based upon trust so that the client is more likely to think of purchasing from the store in the future. This includes strategically following-up with clients and handling escalated issues with outstanding diplomatic skills.
Providing an outstanding client experience
Work to create a positive, inviting and fun environment for the discerning client. This is accomplished by:
- Being enthusiastic and demonstrating a passion for watches.
- Creating a relationship with the client:
- Greet the client when he or she enters the store. If you recognize the client welcome the individual back to the store.
- Listening to the needs of the client and asking questions.
- Demonstrating outstanding product knowledge to educate the client and address their needs.
- Understanding available inventory within store and if needed at other Tourneau stores.
- Creating excitement with the client about the product.
- Ultimately gaining the client’s trust.
- Explaining the value of being a Tourneau client and leveraging available tools, such as the Watch Protection Plan, Trade-ins and Tourneau Credit Plan to support making the sale.
- Partnering with other Sales Professionals as appropriate to make a sale.
- In the event that the client contact results in a sale, efficiently close and process the sale:
- Work with the Cash Office to process the payment.
- Complete warranty information.
- Work with Service Department on sizing, cleaning and setting the watch.
- If required, gift-wrap and prepare for shipment.
- Follow-up with client on purchase.
- Obtain client contact information to build an on-going relationship
- Handle client issues with outstanding diplomatic skill, creating a positive experience for the client.
- Partner with the Service Department to ensure a positive client experience. In stores without Service Professionals this includes:
- Escorting customers to the Service Department.
- Taking in repair orders if needed.
- Assisting with customers picking up repairs.
Meeting or Exceeding Sales Objectives
- At a minimum, must meet sales objectives for any given quarter and year.
- Clearly understand daily sales objective and how it relates to weekly and monthly targets.
- Maximize percentage to retail.
- Clienteling – focus on developing long term relationships with the client so that they are more likely to think about visiting and buying from the store in the future:
- Maintain client books.
- As appropriate, follow-up with clients. This may include but is not limited to birthday cards, holiday cards, informing clients of new merchandise and inviting customers to special events.
- Attend training session to increase product knowledge.
- Readily accept and incorporate constructive advice given by managers on how to improve sales performance.
- Challenge yourself to become comfortable selling all brands of watches.
- Understand local competition as it relates to special promotions and pricing.
- Strictly adhere to all store security procedures. This includes:
- A maximum of two watches per customer may be out of the display case at any give time.
- After showing, immediately return watches to display cases.
- All watches over a pre-determined value must be shown to customers in the Store Manager’s Office.
- Display case keys must be returned to manager at end of shift.
- Display pads must be used when showing the merchandise to the customer.
- One glove must be worn when handling merchandise.
- Respect other sales professional and follow the box system.
- Dress professionally.
- Work with Manager to ensure the store is at all times clean and attractive.
- Help set-up or close store depending upon shift:
- Set-up cases and windows with watches that were in safe.
- Support manager with inventory counts at opening and closing.
- Return predetermined items to safe at close of business.
- Attendance is a crucial part of performance. Be on time.
- A passion for building clientele and selling.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule throughout the week.
- Must have a polished and professional appearance with a positive attitude
- 1-3 years of relevant luxury retail experience, including at least one year of management experience.
- Prior watch and fine jewelry experience is helpful but not required.
- Expert communication, leadership, and management skills.
- Sales driven and results orientated.
- Willing to be hands-on and work with the team to fulfill operational and organizational needs.
- A Bachelors degree or equivalent in business or related discipline is preferred.
- Bi-lingual language proficiency is a plus to cater to our international customer base.
Salary Range- $20-$25.00 Plus Commission Incentive.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.