The Service Professional is responsible for providing an outstanding client experience by taking in the watch for repair. The Service Professional is also responsible for meeting or exceeding monthly sales goals for accessories, service and supporting the Tourneau trade-in program.
Ensure an outstanding customer experience
- Work to create a positive, inviting and fun environment for the discerning client.
- Create a relationship with the client:
- Greet the client when he or she approaches the counter.
- Listen to the needs of the client and ask questions to identify the issue with watch.
- Demonstrate outstanding product and department knowledge.
- Educate the client on the time, cost and what is entailed in servicing their timepiece.
- Fully explain what is covered by warranty.
- Ultimately gain the client’s trust and ensure there are not any questions or uncertainties on the part of the client.
- Explain the value of being a Tourneau customer, including the complementary estimate and also the warranty provided on all watch repairs.
- Obtain client’s contact information to build an on-going relationship.
- Be enthusiastic and demonstrate a passion for watches.
- Ensure the Service Counter is clean and has inviting displays.
- Follow-up with clients on estimates to sell the watch repair, fully explaining benefits.
- Periodically following-up with clients on the status of watch repairs.
- When returning a repaired watch to a client:
- Review details of watch repair with client.
- Complete repair warranty card, if applicable.
- Complete sale and thank the client for their business.
- Follow-up with clients after completed repairs.
- Handle client issues with outstanding diplomatic skill, creating a positive experience for the client.
Meeting or Exceeding Sales Objectives (80%)
- At a minimum, must meet service and accessories sales objectives.
- Clearly understand daily sales objective for accessories and how it relates to weekly and monthly targets.
- Sell add-ons or accessories to clients that will enhance the use and appearance of their watch. This includes straps, bracelets, a new bezel, a new dial, watch cleaning, refinishing and/or crystal replacement.
- If servicing the watch is not cost effective, encourage the client to take advantage of the Tourneau Trade in program.
- Follow-up with clients to sell the repair estimate and confirm any repair approval, including all necessary and optional items.
Operational Responsibilities (20%)
- Enter information in the service program for repairs requiring in-depth service. Close out ticket when client picks up the watch.
- Create manual tickets for in-store quick service.
- Follow-up on emails received from clients.
- If needed, obtain insurance valuation for watches that are being sent-out for repair.
- Using service program, the customer is to receive a receipt generated by the service system for a strap/accessory coming in from another location.
- As needed, work with other stores on transfer of accessories.
- Ensure all accessories are accounted for and secure.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule throughout the week.
- Must have a polished and professional appearance with a positive attitude.
- A passion for developing clientele and selling.
- The ideal candidate must have at least 1-2 years of retail experience preferably selling luxury products.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relation skills.
- Sales driven and results orientated.
- Proficient in data entry and have excellent organizational skills.
- A willingness to learn and master product information.
- A team player.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Bi-lingual language proficiency is a plus to cater to our international customer base.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.