What This Position is All About
Under the direction of the General Manager, the Assistant General Manager of Operations is responsible for driving store profitability by ensuring the efficient facilitation of the selling process. The successful candidate will demonstrate fiscal responsibility while ensuring that the selling organization has the resources and materials to support the selling process and maximize the customer shopping experience.
The successful candidate will have significant prior retail management experience handling all aspects of store operations The Assistant General Manager of Operations is responsible for managing budgets and expenses, logistical operations, including receiving and processing of goods, returns to vendors, transfer of merchandise and price changes, as well as maximizing staffing and productivity.
Who You Are:
- Innate ability to gain ground without damaging relationships. Can be both assertive but diplomatic.
- Drives positive outcomes through objectives & measures, while monitoring progress & results effectively. Adept at course-correcting within a fast-paced environment.
- You inspire others with your vision and sense of purpose. You have an optimistic spirit and celebrate wins and symbols of progress to rally support behind the vision.
- Constantly looking for ways to improve the way things are done while driving personal results. Comfortable with change and challenging conventions.
You Also Have:
- 4-year degree preferred
- Expense management, P&L, profit and shortage control, basic accounting principles.
- Proficiency in utilizing available technology, including Microsoft Office Suite
- 5-7 years related management experience in retailing or other fast-paced service and selling environment, in positions of increasing responsibility and volume
As the Assistant General Manager – Operations, You Will:
- Oversee all support functions within the location and provide leadership to Store Management and associates to support the selling organization, ensuring that critical support functions are focused on activities that enable the selling process.
- Ensure High Performance results around Operations Key Performance Indicators like RTV and Transfer execution, Credit acquisition, Fulfillment results, Operating expense, etc
- Manage the P&L and ensure Store Controllable Expense is in line with the business trend to maximize profitability
- Manage accounting functions; bill paying, invoices, Corporate Credit Card Reconciliation etc.
- Ensure that merchandise is received and processed in accordance with continuous flow principles, that new receipts are merchandised on the floor on the day of receipt prior to store opening, and back of the house areas are organized and maintained to support the selling floor activities.
- Control Staffing level and payroll expense based on business trend and support workload. Ensure appropriate associate coverage for selling floor and support areas through oversight of the WFM scheduling system; schedule executive coverage to effectively support the selling process.
- Ensure the environmental aspects of the customer experience are maintained including music, cleanliness, building temperature, etc.
- With the support of the Facilities Coordinator, the AGMO will ensure that the needs of the physical store are met, specifically maintenance, repairs, construction, renovation and other capital projects.
- Execute budget and ensure guidelines are being followed to minimize operating expenses and maximize revenue.
- Act as direct liaison with Corporate I.T. partners, to ensure that all technology and equipment is functioning as designed.
- Have accountability for store level Human Resources functions that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- In collaboration with senior leader peers and the Corporate SFA Associate Relations Team, provide guidance to managers toward the effective resolution of day to day associate relations, performance management, and Alert Line investigations
- Ensure all components of the SFA HR Audit are always at standard
- Ensure People Data is accurate through Weekly Roster Maintenance reviews
- Ensure managers execute all staffing, payroll and PTO requests / validations through WFM and in-store tracking systems, accurately and timely
- Ensure requests for data related to Unemployment Claims is submitted through Case Builder, accurately and timely
- Liaise with store leaders, the SFA Benefits Team, and Leave of Absence(LOA) Provider to ensure the accurate and timely administration of the LOA process, including personal and protected leaves of absence
- In partnership with the store Asset Protection Manager, ensure the Workers Compensation Claim and follow up process, including overseeing the Return to Work accommodations or restrictions, is completed accurately and timely
- Together with senior level peers, if applicable, execute SFA’s in-store Brand Ambassador Program
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at SFA:
- Be a part of a team of disruptors focused on stores and redefining the luxury experience.
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance.
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount.