Reporting to the Operations Manager, Workflow Planning, the Workflow Control Specialist, is responsible for the day-to-day management of flow standards relating to the NGFC/Operations processing path. He works with operations managers to monitor the execution of the daily or team work plan, and reports risks or deviations from work standards. The ideal candidate has a good understanding of workflow management and has experience working in a high volume operations environment.
The role of the workflow control specialist is to oversee the workflow within a process and work with operations managers to eliminate inefficiencies and suggest solutions to optimize workflow. He is responsible for ensuring that work processes are efficient, effective and meet the needs of the organization and its stakeholders.
Workplace Safety (10%)
- Be responsible for maintaining a safe, organized and clean work environment by following the 5S method
- Strengthen compliance with health and safety procedures
Workflow organization (60%)
- Review the daily performance of the processing chain and ensure compliance with all operational measures and service level agreements
- Monitor the progress of the process, ensuring that operational tasks are done on time; propose solutions for managing workflow exceptions, such as traffic jams, pending tasks, resource idle time, etc.
- Partner with business process owners (BPOs) and operations managers to develop and implement effective workflow processes and procedures that address bottlenecks.
- Evaluate performance metrics to assess the effectiveness of workflow processes.
- Collaborate with other operational teams to ensure that workflows are coordinated and aligned with overall business goals.
- Perform tasks according to established workflow process, such as data entry, case management and document processing.
- Produce, manage and maintain reports to report on the performance of the distribution center in terms of quality, productivity, costs and other types of key performance indicators in addition to suggesting improvements to standard procedures operating.
- Monitor workflow queues and prioritize tasks based on urgency and importance.
- Troubleshoot and/or escalate issues or errors that arise during the workflow process.
- Communicate with other team members to ensure tasks are coordinated and completed efficiently.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation of workflow activities and results.
Process improvement (30%)
- Actively participate in the culture of continuous improvement and customer orientation in all areas.
- Perform root cause analysis to identify performance gaps and proactively implement necessary changes to close those gaps.
- Keep abreast of industry best practices and act as a subject matter expert on flow management tools and processes, and how they intersect with the various processes within the operations of the distribution center.
- Work with managers and peers to implement continuous improvement strategies and problem solving tools.
- Ensure improvements and solutions result in a positive customer experience and reduced lead times.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Mathematics or related analytical field.
- Two to three years of supply chain experience in a distribution center or high-volume goods manufacturing.
- Data science skills and experience with SQL an asset.
- Flexible schedule and availability to work weekends, evenings and nights; ability to work overtime (mandatory requirement).
- Experience with automation of distribution center processes an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and warehouse management systems.
- Familiarity with the Lean Six Sigma method and the ISO system, an asset.
- Excellent communication skills in French and English, both oral and written.
- Predisposition for work of an analytical nature and ability to explore data in depth in order to extract useful facts and solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Proven problem solving skills
- Critical thinking and ability to interpret data to formulate useful information
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational and process skills
- Customer-focused approach
- Ability to work individually with little supervision in a dynamic environment
- Math skills