The Hermès Madison Avenue Flagship Boutique opened in 1983 and focuses on providing extraordinary service to clients as a part of the New York City Region. This position will report to the Director of Operations and will primarily work within the Operations Team to support the Sales Team and the client experience.
The Inventory Control Manager will be responsible for the supervision of the store’s inventory. This position offers an opportunity to work in a fast-paced and dynamic Operations Team, supporting our Madison Avenue Flagship Boutique. This position will work within the Operations team, supporting the boutique in reaching its targets with a goal to deliver extraordinary Client experience. The Inventory Control Manager leads inventory projects with integrity and ensures high levels of inventory accuracy, customer service, and operational standards. The position will directly manage inventory controls, inventory reconciliation, and will analyze stock levels to ensure inventory levels are optimized to support the team. Additionally, the Inventory Control Manager supports organization, conducts and reconciles the weekly cycle counts and annual inventories (in tandem with the Corporate Controller).
About the Role:
- Maintain an accurate and organized store inventory. Ensure accuracy of store inventory at all times. Daily analysis and solving of negative inventory. Partner with Store Directors and Asset Protection to address any areas of opportunity and feedback identified during the negative inventory review.
- Ensure inventory is precise and accounted for, both physically and in system, at all times
- Oversee and execute all inventory processes including physical inventory (annual), stock adjustments, and damages abiding by HOP policy.
- Partner with store management on communicating and implementing inventory initiatives.
- Management of ticketing process: ensure accuracy of all tickets, printing and ticketing merchandise, returns and price updates.
- Partner with Asset Protection to ensure all counts for inventory, high ticket counts, and safe counts are performed daily.
- Perform manual movements to correct inventory in the system if needed (outputs and adjustments). Ensure documentation of all manual movements in the system and obtain approval where required. Compliance to all internal audit and policy and procedure requirements.
- Execute, report, and track weekly cycle counts.
- Oversee systemic inventory accuracy from entry point of product to the product getting shipped to the Client or another Boutique.
- Reconcile all transfers discrepancies.
- Displays active role on sales floor when needed including support of POS functions.
- Analyze recommended units for transfers for units OH for boutique and remote stock.
- Evaluate and optimize storage locations, storage conditions, and the flow of products within the store.
- Ensure proper documentation and audit is completed while also making sure that Asset Protection standards are maintained during all processes.
- Develop inventory strategies to support the selling, return/exchange process and to maintain our stock standards on a daily basis.
- Work with Store Management on replenishment workflow to support stock needs. Ensure inventory thresholds are set and updated based on the needs of business.
- Follow-up on all FedEx claims and process all adjustments associated with FedEx loss with Corporate Inventory Control.
- Develop productive relationships and regular communication with Dayton Business Partners.
- Ensure consistent communication to adhere to compliance with Operations, Visual, Internal Audit and Asset Protection policy and standards.
- Support the Employee Sale process, various projects, and provide operational support for all special events.
- Follow-up on all search requests, transfer requests, charge sends, and return to vendors/credit notes.
- Management of destruction of fragrance samples, monthly damages, and aged stock including display items.
- All other duties assigned by supervisor.
- In partnership with store management, this role is responsible for reviewing and adhering to budget for shipping supplies, selling supplies, office supplies, and kitchen supplies with direction from the Store Management.
Decision Making Responsibility:
- Problem-solving skills are required to research, analyze, and determine appropriate action to take regarding all inventory tasks and projects within the boutique. This position will ensure inventory controls are met in an efficient and innovative manner, collaborating with all Store Management and Operations teams to develop and implement best practices, strategies, and priorities related to inventory management.
- Minimum 1 to 4 years in retail operations or related experience preferred
- Prior inventory control management experience preferred
- Inventory training or certification a plus
- Solid understanding of budgeting and ability to exercise appropriate judgement
- High level of attention to detail
- Create a warm, welcoming, and gracious environment
- Build positive team relationships and collaboration throughout the boutique to inspire trust and teamwork
- Proven excellence at meeting long and short-term deadlines
- Results-orientated, flexible with schedule, resourceful and self- motivated
- Ability to work a flexible schedule according to needs of the business
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and prioritization skills
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Must be in good physical condition with the ability to lift 25 lbs without assistance
- Strong analytical skills and initiative
- Ability to work independently, multitask, and provide solutions to questions
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to follow both written and verbal policies and directives
We are looking for a candidate that has a combination of the above attributes and can perform the key functions of the role with or without reasonable accommodations.