As the business grows, we are seeking smart, creative, and experienced individuals to join our talented team! Key attributes and qualities we are looking for in candidates for all open roles: Entrepreneurial spirit, innovative and solution-oriented, adaptable and resilient, best-practices methodology, team-oriented with a lean-in attitude, highest standards for execution, and a high level of accountability.
About the Role:
The Chief Financial Officer will direct and oversee the financial activities of the corporation, directing the preparation of financial reports, forecasts, and budgets. They will partner with sales and operational leadership in development of strategic growth initiatives providing valuable insights to inform decisions. In addition, they will support the Founder (owner) of KREWE in ensuring entity structure and tax strategy are optimized.
Lead Finance, Accounting, Legal, and Human Resources functions within the business, specifically:
- Business Structure / Tax / Financing
- Assess and recommend best entity structure for existing business activities and anticipated future investments or needs, managing any changes through execution.
- Lead evolution of tax structure including on-boarding of new tax firm (if need determined) in the interest of minimizing tax burden and supporting growth.
- Manage existing lender relationships and secure new financing as needed including the transition of existing fed-backed term-loan to a 2-3X Ebitda revolving debt facility that will meet future growth needs.
- Manage the mortgages on all properties.
- Finance / Accounting:
- Direct the preparation of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, cash flows, lender reports and tax returns.
- Prepare for and oversee initial review and/or audit of company financial statements.
- Prepare financial forecast and annual budgets.
- Lead strategic planning process, with rolling 24 month forecast and 3-year business plans
- Lead monthly and quarterly financial reviews with business leaders providing analysis and insights while comparing sales, expenses, and profit projections to actual figures; manage re-forecasts and adjustments to future projections and budgets.
- Direct inventory planning process to ensure alignment with sales forecasts while maintaining a healthy inventory balance; suggest improvements to current methods.
- Oversee Controller and all accounting practices.
- Leadership & Communication
- Provide weekly financial updates to President and Founder.
- Seek to understand long-range economic trends and project their impact on future growth in sales and profitability.
- Partner with fellow department heads to monitor each department and make recommendations for improvements in people, process and technology.
- Create a culture of effective cost containment and spending discipline to support achievement of net income targets.
- Lead cost-reduction initiatives.
- Real Estate:
- Responsible for management of Re investments and diligence and analysis of future acquisitions.
- Assess financing options, tax implications, and entity structure for new properties
- Oversee all lease negotiations and approve leases for signing.
- Legal / Contracts / Negotiation:
- Manage external legal counsel and flow of work, tracking against deliverables, and providing internal sign-off for all contracts.
- Lead risk mitigation through diligence, protocols, and mindset.
- Align with business leaders on business terms for each contract and provide guidance on negotiation or support as needed.
- Engage in key vendor relationships.
- Maintain a complete record and tickler file of all agreements, leases, etc.
- Human Resources:
- Provide oversight for all HR functions including Payroll, Benefits, 401k, and policy development.
- Oversee employee hiring, performance development, performance management, and retention initiatives.
- Lead recommendations for compensation and bonus structure that optimize for all business objectives.
- Guide risk mitigation through employment practices, diversity and inclusion strategies, and ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Founder Support:
- Direct preparation of tax filings
- Oversee external wealth management expert
- Manage all insurance policies and ensure proper coverage
- Identify risks and ensure high levels of prevention via internal controls
Qualifications, Education, and Experience
- Proven experience in working within a high-growth organization and contributing to improvement of financial outcomes
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Proficient in database and accounting computer application systems, preferably Netsuite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A proven leader with experience in developing high-performing teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance required
- Master’s Degree in related field preferred
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred
- Five plus years’ experience as a Cfo in a multi-location retail brand required
- Experience in supporting international expansion amidst growth