Jacques is looking for an experienced production leader to join our growing team as the Head of Production. This role will develop, shape, and execute a winning production strategy to lead Jacques through its next phases of growth and product/market expansion.
You will partner with the Founder and other leaders to drive organizational structure and implement production processes that will support company objectives. This person will also be working hand-in-hand with the Founder to plan and implement a robust, transparent production & product development framework in supporting the company’s growth.
Head of Production will provide leadership and consultation to impact business initiatives, such as monitoring production targets & deliverables and communicating changes across categories to ensure alignment and timely execution. The position serves as a key liaison to the design team to resolve open issues and effectively manage workflow and internal / external communication.
- Partnering directly with the Founder to define, plan, and manage strategic and financial production plans
- Lead and manage all aspects of production & supply chain in a multi-Sku, multi-channel, and multi-region apparel company.
- Oversee the portfolio of manufacturing partners and material suppliers – responsible for negotiating contracts, holding partners accountable for quality and delivery schedules.
- Apply an in-depth understanding of manufacturing processes, costs and market intelligence
- Create, drive, track and report against holistic design / development / production calendars to ensure timely execution of samples and production orders.
- Optimize profitability through effective sourcing, logistics efficiency and optimal procurement and production planning.
- Establish and implement new systems and / or fully utilize current systems to drive production & product development to sustainably scale volume.
- Manage working seasonal calendar and monitor progress alongside cross-departmental directors in building and implementing milestone deadlines for design team.
- Reviews and oversees issuance of all specs and tech packs for accuracy, completeness, quality, and affordability prior to release.
- Assign projects to pattern-makers and manufacturers to best realize the brand vision as well develop viable product with newness and continuity.
- Recommends enhancements, construction and material options to elevate the product and our brand, hitting financial requirements. Resolves engineering that does not meet design, merchandising, production or financial needs.
- Coordinates with manufacturing partners to manage spec turnover within calendar to ensure timeliness in protos, SMS, and production.
- Reviews all prototypes and market samples to ensure accuracy in execution to spec.
- Address all fit issues with creative problem-solving and technicality alongside pattern-makers.
- Communicate between various development and production teams to move projects smoothly to next steps.
- Aims to instill quality in the product from onset of development through final production.
- Reviews all components with an eye for quality, and performance.
- Tests questionable materials and treatments in development cycle for performance and compliance to prevent a lapse in production.
- Builds, manages, and flexes calendar to insure timely turnover of development, return of prototypes, and market samples and placement of final production.
- Monitors calendar daily to promote flow of development; apprises and resolves calendar variances with team and management.
- As needed works closely with design and production to resolve delivery and material issues affecting production.
- Work closely with sample-makers to uphold strong workmanship.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years work experience
- Direct knowledge of working for a digital-first company
- Strong negotiation skill set
- Proficiency in forecasting, supply planning and inventory management.
- Skilled in using both qualitative and quantitative data sources to drive decisions and generate results – Ability to work intimately with the Founder and on a small, close-knit team – Excellent organizational skills with ability to proactively solve complex problem
- Aptitude and willingness to “get one’s hands dirty” and conduct financial and operational modeling, write executive presentations and manage projects directly