The Neiman Marcus Product Management Team is looking for a skilled Senior Product Manager for eCommerce who is passionate about advocating for the customer, has excellent product instincts, a passion for creating great experiences, a data-centric mindset, agile thinking, and the willingness to challenge the status quo.
The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for supporting the strategy of the Neiman Marcus Group and its digital and technology roadmap by delivering differentiated omnichannel shopping experiences, reporting to the Director, Omnichannel Product Management. The position will collaborate with business partners, subject matter experts, engineers and vendor partners to establish business and technical requirements & stories ensuring delivery of new features and functionality, as well as optimizations.
You will contribute the high level business reviews and development of the shopping journey’s strategy to present to Nmg leadership. You will be successful by cultivating strong relationships with Technology and Delivery Leads to act as a leadership team for your product portfolio, while leading product-design teams and your engineering counterparts in problem-solving.
- Overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience driving projects with cross-functional colleagues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior product managers and leaders.
- Manage a cross-functional process for prioritizing, delivering and launching major product releases.
- Quantitative data analysis and critical-thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and project management counterparts to deliver online products/services
- Lead user discovery sessions with stakeholders.
- Partner with key stakeholders and users to define and design product solutions
- Experience of going through a full product lifecycle, integrating customer feedback into product requirements, driving prioritization and pre/post-launch execution.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering leaders to develop a prioritized and groomed backlog aligned to the product roadmap
- Work directly with an agile engineering team to participate in sprints, grooming, other agile ceremonies
- Identify requirements, design features and groom user stories
- Experience breaking down features into workable user stories
- Prioritize use cases for development
- Build and maintain our eCommerce checkout and fulfillment roadmaps, Roi, feature/function definition, experience design, and Kpi’s.
- Define business benefits feature sets, as well as conduct product research to develop product strategy.
- Deliver the roadmap within time, budget, and quality requirements.
- Continuously drive towards an Mvp and Mlp roll-out.
- Lead product optimization post-launch, incorporating analytics, customer feedback, and market opportunities to (re)prioritize the roadmap
- May supervise and direct Product Managers and Product Analysts for a defined product portfolio including individual performance management as well as management of business results.
- Foster individual and team development to improve the product practice
- Drive team culture and deepen leadership experience for members of the Product Organization
- Manage performance of direct reports and ensure the quality of the team’s products meets Nmg standards to help facilitate awareness and support of business strategies and initiatives.
- Supports and provides direction to the product managers in determining the impact of new functionality to existing business processes and system functionality.
- Ensures the team writes stories (requirements) of sufficient quality in order to provide a solid foundation for realizing the benefits of the project.
- Build cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders critical to the delivery of the product portfolio Prioritize portfolio investment to maximize benefit/return to customers/company based on Nmg strategy.
- Manage vendor partners to help solve customer and business problems and collaborate to drive for new innovations in products and services that best meet business needs and strategy
- Support successful adoption and usage of the core capabilities in the omnichannel experience by:
- Partnering with Site Operations and support teams to triage and prioritize critical product issues.
- Signing off on Product Quality for Feature Releases.
- Proactively identifying issues and partnering with Site Operations/Support and peer Agile teams to provide timely resolutions
- Supporting operational readiness tasks by performing product demos & presenting training to stakeholders
- 7+ Years of experience in Product or Program management, product marketing, business development or technology
- Experience at e-commerce brands, top-tier consulting firms, or investment banks useful but not required
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a reputable institution.
- Passion for working in a fast-paced agile digital environment is a must! Retail ecommerce experience or digital marketing experience required. Specific experience in the retail eCommerce space
- Relevant agile software development and Product Manager experience with proven track record of delivering successful customer facing site features and improvements.