The Category Manager role serves as an integral driver of Moët Hennessy’s short-term and long-term business ambitions, focused on value creation and delivery of the route-to-consumer (Rtc) strategy. The Category Manager role sits within the Business Intelligence Group and provides critical support to many of the country’s biggest and most strategic accounts, across the on- and off-premise, as well as e-commerce. The Category Manager provides strategic and tactical analysis, insights, and recommendations for business building, aligning to both Moët Hennessy’s and retailers’ category growth objectives.
The Category Manager role requires strong proficiency with Category Management functional best practices, in addition to technical skill mastery with leading syndicated data and research platforms identified below.
A key responsibility includes being a subject matter expert in support and execution of Moët Hennessy’s Business Intelligence and Category Leadership Selling Strategies. Establishing “preferred supplier status” with our customers across Premium Wines & Spirits is another core deliverable. The ability to establish and build business relationships with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external, is another key requirement of the role. Success includes the achievement of Moët Hennessy’s Business Plan and retailers’ business goals
- Provide proactive, strategic brand and category direction to key internal stakeholders, reflective of retailer opportunities, in addition to driving value with our retailers using the same forward-looking approach.
- Prepare and present ”best-in-class,” category-oriented presentations to our customers that drive the strategic importance of Premium Wines & Spirits and these categories’ shoppers and consumers.
- Create “best-in-class” retailer presentations, develop actionable business insights, identify shopper affinities and behavioral opportunities, all supporting activation at retail and Annual Plan development.
- Collaborate on retailer priorities, based on category, shopper, and consumer opportunities, while aligning to Moët Hennessy’s distribution, promotion, pricing, and shelving objectives.
- Reinforce and enhance the world-class differentiation that Moët Hennessy offers the retailer community, including luxury shopping experiences and environments, as well as profit optimization.
- Responsible for tracking category and Moët Hennessy performance via sales reporting, retail price and distribution tracking, post event analysis, and execution of shelf standards.
- Communicate scorecard learnings across stakeholders, with key insights and recommended actions.
- Determine retailer opportunity gaps and volume/profit potential to Moët Hennessy and categories.
- Develop retail clustering solutions for Moët Hennessy’s portfolio and categories, as needed.
- Provide category leadership and shopper insights training across Moët Hennessy and distributors.
- Imbed the proprietary category leadership learning model and ensure application to everyday business.
- Present business tool training on prioritized syndicated systems to the organization.
Education: Undergraduate degree
Location: Walnut Creek, CA (San Francisco Bay Area)
Work Experience: 3-5 years of Category Management related employment:-
- Category Management experience with a leading CPG organization, distributor, or major retailer.
- Very strong technical experience with Excel (Pivots, VLOOKUPS, large data management, file linking, and graphing).
- Strong presentation and communication skills (Power Point mastery).
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and deliver to deadlines.
- Self-starter (proactive) and independent, creative thinker.
- Category captaincy or equivalent experience.
- Beverage Alcohol Industry experience, preferably Wine and/or Spirits.
- Power BI, ACCESS, Qlik or Tableau experience/familiarity.
- Infographic/enhanced visualization design/builder capabilities.
- Experience with presenting externally and internally to senior stakeholders.
- Experience working with third party distributors or brokers.
Functional/Technical Skill Sets:
- Mandatory Power User: IRI UNIFY or Nielsen AOD/NielseniQ dbases, plus SPECTRA geodemographic targeting or similar platforms, such as Shopper Sights.
- Preferred Experience: Costco CRX, Walmart Retail Link, JDA Prospace, digital reporting, retailer store level (Gateway) data/platforms, price elasticity, Household Panel analytics.
- Mandatory: proficient usage with TDLINX and BDN/VIP depletion tracking data or equivalent.
- Preferred: exposure to Technomic, Mintel or NCGA consumption data (or equivalent service).
Moët Hennessy USA, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Moët Hennessy USA, Inc. considers candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.