Retail Operations, as part of the retail team, supports one of the most critical departments as the main link to support ongoing business growth while adhering to all Gucci policies and procedures.
Based in Dallas or Houston, the Regional Operations Manager will support the Market Director and the Store Directors to bring a commercial focus to the back of house and integrate the front of house and back of house seamlessly. The Regional Operations Manager will need to have a strong desire to raise opportunities and propose solutions and ensure that we are creating a better store environment not only for our clients but also the teams.
The role will also support the development of the operations teams in the stores and partner closely with the Store Directors and Market Director.
To ensure productive selling, the candidate will assess and implement in-store processes and policies in the Central Market, while keeping the company and brand image at the highest standard. Compliance to the operational processes is maintained and managed by the Regional Operations Manager, while monitoring front of house (Foh) and back of house (Boh) productivity as well as client experience.
Regional Strategies & Implementation
- Identify opportunities to improve our stores’ client/ team as well as product experiences working closely with the Market Director and the Operations Director assessing the market including the competition continuously;
- Aim to be “change agent” to improve our stores and the team/ client experience
- Raise opportunities to the Market Director, Director of Operations, Vice President of Retail Performance and Operations, and take lead in making proposals for improvement;
- Be a commercially minded partner to the Store Director as well as the store management team, to continuously improve store operations affecting not only the Boh but also the Foh;
- Provide prompt resolutions for store inquiries;
- Lead on local or global project initiatives including defining proper business requirements, key stakeholders and deadline adherence;
- Be present in the stores, both Foh and Boh, by visiting Flagship stores monthly and other doors at least every other month;
- Proactively partner and support he Store Directors as well as the Market Director in developing the Operations teams by assessing talent and mapping out growth opportunities;
- Ensure proper career progression for operations teams in the store and create developmental plans in partnership with the Store Director and the Market Director;
Store Openings, Renovations & Relocations
- Coordinate activities to operationally prepare for store openings/renovations/relocation activities within their respective market;
- Lead conference calls (or meetings) to ensure smooth opening and proper dissemination of information to key departments;
- Support the onboarding of all new store management hires when possible, in collaboration with the Market Director;
Policy & Procedures
- Create, update and disseminate all policies and procedures;
- Ensure all stores are adhering to all Company policies and procedures;
- Consistently review and identify any critical areas that require additional guidelines;
- Provide prompt resolutions for store inquiries;
- Utilize all existing tools to support the stores (i.e. checklists) as well as identify necessary future action planning to ensure the most efficient Foh and Boh experience;
- Ensure the proper use of all digital tools as it relates to retail operations;
- Conduct in-store operations training for new store managers;
- In a leased environments, adhere to the specificities as outlined by the respective business agreement and leased policies.
- At least 5 years of experience in a multi-store support role and in a fast-paced, ideally luxury/ fashion environment;
- Ideal candidate has previous experience as a Store Director;
- Proficient experience in building material, using multitude of platforms and tools, that can be easily facilitated at store level;
- Decisive and able to collaborate effectively with a team to develop strategies;
- Experience in working closely with Store Planning, merchandising, Finance, Mis, Loss Prevention, Consumer management and Training;
- The ability to direct a team well through change management;
- Good project management skills;
- Strong business acumen, highly analytical, able to present and promote ideas;
- Experience in logistical planning, development of processes and policies;
- Proven to be a strategic thinker and focused on the end results;
- Strong communication and writing skills;
- High Proficiency: in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Sees the big picture and understands how own actions and decisions impact others and the organization as a whole
- Actively scans the environment for new approaches, blending different ideas to come with creative yet effective solutions
- Actively gets things done, raising the bar for performance and taking accountability for own actions
- Driven by the sense of urgency, promotes change and takes smart risks in pursuit of goals
- Builds trust-based relationships across boundaries and encourages collaboration
- Adapts own style to communicate impactfully
- Empowers others by providing autonomy and encouraging self-expression, valuing and amplifying each person’s uniqueness
- Is self-aware, curious to learn and seeks feedback from others to continuously grow, always putting improvement over comfort
- Provides constructive and on-going feedback, coaches and helps others to achieve their full potential
- Qualified candidates must have the proper work authorization to work in the United States.