The Floor Director supports the location with consistent team leadership, floor presence, and hands on Métier management with balanced attention to all teams and floors. This position is responsible for achievement of Floor Group Métier Sales volume, and Selling Team total goaled volume. Responsible for preparation, participation and attendance at Podium buy bi-annually.
- Floor Ambassador – Day to day supervision, coaching, mentoring, and training of selling team, leading by example and ensuring excellent client service. Consistent floor presence and partner to other departments.
- Manage Métier merchandising for floor of responsibility. Identify and address daily stock needs by floor, communicating timely with Managing Director, Operations Management team and Merchant team about opportunities, needs, and issues. Fully responsible for bi-annual attendance and preparation for buy for corresponding areas of responsibility. Ensures visual standards are met.
- Team motivator and strategist. Monthly identification of a key Métier focus or a Standard of Service to focus on. Build contests, measurable selling campaigns or the like to bring about incremental improvement in business.
- Consistent communication with Managing Director and store management team. Weekly reporting and presenting business updates at Leadership meeting including sales to plan by total group and floor responsibility, team highlights, issues, etc. Able to conduct full analysis of business issues and opportunities effecting decided strategies onto the floors and with the teams.
- Coach staff for improved performance. Analyze productivity by Sales Associate and conduct Monthly Individual Productivity meetings coaching and setting goals for increased performance. Detailed client opportunities, selling by Métier performance, standards of service and goals should all be addressed on a monthly basis. Writes and delivers annual performance appraisals. Addresses all performance issues in a timely manner.
- Responsible for timely preparation of inventories and cycle counts, including partnering with Operations Director in the reconciliation of discrepancies.
- Ability to represent Leadership of entire store in the absence of the Managing Director. Observant of support team, and Guard team productivity and adherence to policy.
- Ability to gain partnership on store needs, and lead these teams although not direct reports.
- P&L responsibility and responsibility for meeting sales and budget plan and adhering to payroll budget. Also responsible for shrinkage and loss prevention company goals.
Decision Making Responsibility
- Client Services, Policy interpretation, Recommendation for hiring and promotion, Buying decisions, Merchandising efforts, etc.
Minimum Education Required:
Minimum Years Experience Required:
- Minimum 3 years prior Store Management experience, or flagship Assistant Store Manager Experience
- Previous buying experience relative to Floor responsibility
- Individual Management of multi person teams
- Prior reporting functions to Executive management and Merchant levels
- Managing people and projects, a good team leader, and motivational mentor
- Creativity within effective business management and growth
- Detailed, diligent, thorough, reliable, effective time management skills are Key to this position
- Effective decision making skills
- Proficient at presentations, store meetings, Commercial Director and Executive visits
- Working knowledge of Excel, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office, Powerpoint (preferred)
- Comfortable with calculations and formulas
- Need to be a critical and creative thinker
- Even tempered and ability to continuously multi-task
- Managing stress and coaching through conflict when needed
- Resolution on store issues by floor, and in total when manager on duty
- Experience working with public and independently satisfy client requests
- Prioritize tasks and communicate time sensitive information to appropriate parties
- Keen eye to product and future trends needed for buying responsibility
- Must be extremely professional and able to interact with all levels of management and the public.
- Knowledge of French language helpful
We are looking for a candidate that has a combination of the above attributes and can perform the key functions of the role with or without reasonable accommodations.
Hermès of Paris (USA) requires proof of full vaccination status as defined by the Cdc and/or applicable state or local health agencies against the virus known as Covid-19, and any variants, as a condition of employment with Hermès of Paris (Usa), except where prohibited by state or local law. Hermès of Paris (USA) will consider any reasonable requests for accommodations for disability and sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable laws.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Family is at the heart of Hermès. At Hermès of Paris, we are committed to being a Maison for All, a home where we make efforts to generate, support and advance the values of diversity, inclusion and family both within our own walls and in the wider world. At Hermès of Paris we look to create a diverse workforce of talented and unique individuals with different backgrounds, skillsets and worldviews that will enrich our Hermès of Paris family. We support our individual team members personal and professional success through a culture that values equality, individuality and fairness and through an environment where individuals can thrive and feel comfortable being their authentic selves. Beyond the walls of our Maison, we advance our Dif values through the work that we do in partnership with our community and non-profit partners.