The Assistant Manager is responsible for partnering with the Managing Director and Floor Director to successfully run all aspects of the business including building sales, identifying opportunities, and client development via Crm and service initiatives, coaching and counseling of staff.
All other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Daily supervision of staff (coaching, training and assisting in achieving sales objectives).
- Demonstrates an active management presence on the sales floor modeling exceptional service and ensuring all team member embody the Hermès spirit.
- Identifying sales opportunities by weekly review of business by métier, tracking delivery and special orders. Apply these sales opportunities in tandem with each Selling Supervisor and Sales Specialist personal goals to evaluate contribution to total boutique.
- Contributing to and/or conducting monthly touch-base meetings and annual performance evaluations in tandem with Floor Director.
- Communicates Crm standards, follows up daily for associate compliance and to maximize quality of client capture rate and detailed information according to Hop standards.
- Ensures policy and procedure is clearly communicated to team and all are actively compliant.
- Monitor E-time and scheduling needs for the staff. Keep an accurate record of vacation, and time and attendance in tandem with Hr.
- Organizes seasonal trainings including key métier points, share porte updates, and ensure sales team are integrating into client conversations at point of sale.
- Assists in maintaining database of candidates for store and in recruiting and interviewing to fill open positions.
- Making critical client decisions and runs business during Floor Director and Managing Director visits to Podium.
- Responsible for achieving the sales goal for the year for their specific location. Also need to ensure the store is profitable and has an accurate inventory that falls within the parameters that the company sets.
- Responsible for maintaining stock levels in all métiers of responsibility, Mos, and sell thru according to Hop standards.
Decision Making Responsibility
- Responsible for making decisions that relate to the staff, the client and the running of the store. In the absence of the Floor Director and Managing Director, the Assistant Manager will step in to the role of the Floor Director/Managing Director.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Minimum Years of Experience
- 4+ years of retail experience; prior experience in management is preferred.
Minimum Education Requirement
- Must possess basic office skills including proficiency in Excel, Word, Cegid and E-time.
- Ability to learn merchandise, Pos and payroll systems; effectively troubleshoot.
- Ability to interpret sales data and translate into effective business recommendations.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lift between 0-25 lbs. without assistance.
- Flexible in work availability as business needs dictate.