This role will support corporate communications, crisis communications and executive communications efforts as a part of the Press/PR team, reporting to the Senior Manager, Corporate Communications.
Strategy + Planning
- Support Senior Manager in the planning, development and implementation of Cartier North America’s annual PR – Corporate Communications strategy.
- Actively monitor, analyze and communicate relevant industry news and competitive research.
- Manage corporate communications budgets.
- Provide general team support for all corporate initiatives including the Cartier Women’s Initiative, Fondation Cartier, Cartier Philanthropy and corporate social responsibility topics, among others.
- Serve as corporate team point person for key, cross-functional PR team projects.
- Draft executive preparation materials for interviews, speaking engagements and networking opportunities for key executives.
- Provide on-site preparation and support for executive speaking engagements.
- Draft talking points, welcome notes, letters and other external communications.
- Develop and maintain strong editorial relationships with press covering relevant corporate topics – business, art, philanthropy, women-specific, sustainability, DE&I, etc.
- Craft and distribute pitch materials and press releases.
- Secure impactful press and social media coverage.
- Support the preparation of proactive and reactive communications – FAQs, talking points and media statements.
- Monitor for resulting press interest and coverage of specific crisis issues.
- Collaborate and support local cross-functional departments with external communications needs.
- Create compelling, well-designed presentations, recaps and other communications materials for internal and external audiences.
- Assist with the planning and coordination of creative mailers, press events and press trips.
- 5+ years of work experience in public relations.
- Experience in corporate communications and crisis communications is a plus.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively – strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to manage time efficiently.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Shows initiative and is capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Is able to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines.
- Must be a team player, enthusiastic, positive and driven.
- Must be flexible to work outside of normal business hours, including nights and weekends.