The Inventory Finance Manager oversees the Inventory function, which includes all legal-entity Inventory Accounting and Reconciliation. The Inventory Finance Manager works with the Accounting and Reporting Team and is responsible for all legal-entity budgeting and forecasting, ensuring accuracy and appropriateness on all Inventory P&L and Balance Sheet items. The Inventory Finance Manager also collaborates with the Operations team to identify and resolve all inventory reconciliation issues.
The Inventory Finance Manager also oversees the Control State billing function, ensuring that the Inventory and Billing Specialist completes all bailment billing on a timely and accurate basis.
This role serves as the department inventory and bailment billing expert, and is responsible for training, problem solving and process improvements. This role is also responsible for ensuring that internal controls are followed, and that billing and inventory analyses and related reports are shared with all stakeholders as necessary.
- Oversees Inventory function, which includes all legal-entity Inventory accounting. Reviews and approves entries, accruals and deferrals for accuracy and appropriateness
- Working with Reporting Manager, determines responsibilities and deadlines related to the month-end closing process (closing calendar). Ensures Inventory/Billing deadlines and deliverables are completed in a timely and accurate fashion
- Supervise Inventory and Billing Specialist in preparation and delivery of relevant monthly, quarterly, and hard close inventory processes and schedules to ensure timeliness and accuracy; review and approve all necessary Sap Inventory and Billing entries
- Prepare recurring inventory reconciliations & ad hoc analysis and supporting schedules, as requested, and review/approve analyses and supporting schedules prepared by the Inventory and Billing Specialist.
- Conduct ongoing review of inventory data (including scrapping, stock depreciation and purchase price variances) throughout each reporting period, coordinate and manage any necessary corrective action, advising Accounting department management of key issues.
- Oversees legal-entity budgeting and forecasting. Calculates, reviews, and approves Inventory P&L and Balance Sheet items for accuracy and appropriateness before submitting to the Reporting Manager, coordinating inputs with the Finance and Operations team as needed
- In coordination with the Operations team, verify and record expenses related to Us bottling; calculate related production costs and related P&L expense deferral and recognition. Analyze production costs and communicate with Group Consolidation as needed
- Responsible for Bailment billing, supervising the billing process (including weekly invoicing, state/Sap code reconciliations and monthly sales accrual)
- Conduct ongoing analysis of billing and invoicing to ensure timeliness and accuracy, identify and resolve any issues. Provide escalation support to the Inventory and Billing Specialist, partnering with internal and external stakeholders/resources as necessary.
Innovation / Projects:
- Manage implementation and training relevant of system updates and changes, including providing management briefings to highlight changes and their resulting impact. Continually review existing processes and procedures and apply business insight to suggest and implement efficiency improvements
- Act as Inventory/Billing lead in planning and execution of new product, process and/or system launches.
- Maintain a flexible and adaptable mindset by continually evaluating, revising, and responding with agility to meet rapidly evolving business needs, and perform other functions or duties as assigned.
Audit / Internal Control:
- Prepare and present any necessary schedules to satisfy Financial and Internal Control audit requirements, as requested; review and approve information prepared by the Inventory and Billing Specialist
- Maintain an understanding of all internal control policies and ensure compliance of relevant accounting processes, informing the Controller of any deviation.
- Ensure that all processes are documented and continually updated.
- Partner with Accounting and Reporting Director to develop and communicate vision and initiatives to motive and develop the department
- Provide collaborative support & guidance to Accounting and Finance teams. Build cross-functional partnerships to meet corporate objectives
- Provide managerial leadership to Inventory and Billing Specialist, developing professional skills and inspiring peak performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required; Pursuing MBA or Masters degree preferred
- 7-8 years of Accounting/Finance experience, particularly in inventory-related reconciliation and accounting
- Strong people leader with a proven track record of developing talent in a dynamic and diverse work environment
- Highly organized with the ability to work autonomously as needed
- Regularly act as business partner by providing commercial solutions
- Ability to set and adjust priorities with agility as needed
- Demonstrates a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; must be able to work with all levels of the organization
- Strong excel skills and experience working in ERP systems, preferable Sap
Moët Hennessy USA, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Moët Hennessy USA, Inc. considers candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.