The Area Manager South America is leading the retail & operational marketing execution for the perfume category in Latin America, Mexico, and Brazil, both domestic markets & Travel Retail. They are accountable for executing a strategic action plan for the commercial performance and the operational execution of the fragrance execution in the region.
In the current realization transformation context, they will have to pursue retail business acceleration.
Main accountabilities/objective of the position:
Key responsibility 1: Lead realization & execution of operational marketing strategies
- Ensure the consistency between all markets/networks, execute and lead the operational strategy in the region.
- Drive retail excellence and productivity, implement and follow up retail & marketing Kpis to maximize the business performance and drive targets achievement
- Ensure the execution of all planned in-store marketing activities, animations, and events
South America, including Mexico and Brazil Network level: responsible for the execution of the strategic 3-year plan road map by channel:
- Travel Retail
- Department stores and E-commerce
Key responsibility 2: Execution of the South America Fragrance distribution strategy
- Executing the retail acceleration plan in the region is priority #1.
- Follow up and monitor action plan by market, distributor/agent.
- Responsible for brand image, sales performances & profitability monitoring in retail, travel retail, domestic flagships, and top doors.
Key responsibility 3: Control of expenses related to Retail sales, Ba’s cost, or any other expense applied to local Opex.
- Responsible for controlling investment at a local/regional level according to the Ww guidelines. With your direct reports, you challenge the Roi of the investment plan and propose new innovative ideas to develop Sales and Image over the coming years.
Key responsibility 4: Specialists/distributors partnerships:
- Responsible for building strengthened partnerships at the Pos and local levels.
- Understand and analyze context to propose commercial opportunities and develop yearly strategic action plans with the partners and boutique managers.
- Follow-up monthly on performance and action plan implementation.
Key responsibility 5: Reporting
- Responsible for collecting & analyzing sell-out/sell-in results and implementing targets at the local level.
- Business Report of the fragrance Business: Sell out figures / Kpis per key networks
- Monthly report of the results and insights of the region to the Regional Director of Fragrance
Key responsibility 6: Others
- Finance: Ensure that partners are currently in conjunction with the finance department, payments
- Sanitary Registration: be the liaison between the Maison and the partners
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, or International trade required. MBa a plus
- Five years experience in international sales, preferable in luxury products.
- Desired experience in the Latin America and Caribbean market
- Perfume and cosmetics industry or luxury retail experience
Technical skills/ abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and high level of power analytics.
- Fluent in English and Spanish
The successful candidate will have the following personal qualities:
- Strong knowledge of sales and marketing strategies and techniques, preferable in luxury products.
- Proven sales track record.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Open-minded, agile, influencer.
- Retail oriented
- Entrepreneurial spirit and team player
- Availability to travel up to 50% and work extended hours.
- Familiar with international variances in cultural and legal issues.