Launchpad, hit maker, and editorial authority: Welcome to the world’s most Trusted destination for Curated, best in class beauty.
Violet Grey is built on the belief that customers want to feel confident in their purchase decisions. We serve our customer with best-in-class inspiration, education, and product recommendations. We never compromise on our distinct editorial integrity. We are committed to garnering customer trust with everything we do. We are a business in which best in class permeates all aspects of our company. We measure our success by the quality of our team.
Creating an immediately recognizable and iconic brand comes through consistent language, storytelling, and imagery across all Violet Grey channels. Reporting to the Executive Director, Violet Lab, this role will be responsible for developing the brand voice, brand language, and punctuation, formatting standards across all platforms and assets, and upholding those standards office-wide. In essence, you will be responsible for every. single. word that Violet Grey puts into the ether.
What You’LL Do
- You will use language and storytelling to generate trust and empower our customers to feel confident in their purchase decisions, either through the clear, concise information we provide or just by knowing that everything is Violet Code Approved.
- You will write, edit and assign clear, on-brand copy for emails, website, product descriptions, social captions, paid advertisements, customer service templates, and more, daily. Make it simple but significant.
- You will write and/or edit brand and marketing materials including pitch decks, press releases, and printed collateral.
- You will oversee all social copy and assist in creating a Social Brand Book including social pillars, formatting, and language guide.
- You will lead and manage our coterie of writers, freelance and internal, enrolling them in The Brand Book, sending out assignments, managing their workflow, and top-editing their work. The goal is for our language and voice to be so consistent that our customer never considers whether we are using multiple writers. This role serves as a key guardian of The Brand Book—our style guide, distinct vernacular, and house codes.
- You will transform high-level product information into clear, on-brand, informative storytelling that empowers our customers to feel confident in their purchase decisions.
- You will use language to bolster our role as beauty industry experts and insiders, and to further establish Violet Code Approved as a beyond-valuable beauty industry currency.
- You will collaborate cross-functionally with the creative, product, marketing, merchandising, Ux, customer service, operations, and executive teams to support their content needs and create the best possible Violet Grey customer experience.
- You will create templates for all materials, franchises, newsletters, and ads so that many of our assets are “plug and play.” We want our teams to work smarter, not harder.
- You will audit post-purchase and triggered email flows to ensure the best possible brand experience.
- You will work with the Customer Service team to audit training materials and email macros, editing and rewriting as necessary, to ensure the best possible, most on-brand customer service experience.
- You will work with our Ux team to audit our site to ensure the clearest, most consistent messaging and the best possible user journey. You will also work with the Ux team on any new site initiatives that require a copy.
- You will self-motivate to dig into any copy or Ux experience that is not aligned with our Brand Book, Mission Statement, or customer needs, and follow up with the necessary teams to relay how it could be improved.
Who You Are
- You have at least five years of experience editing and writing for an e-commerce retailer, digital publisher, or print publication. Beauty, fashion, luxury, and/or publishing experience preferred.
- You have strong writing and copywriting ability. Detail-oriented. Impeccable grammar, editing, and proofreading skills, including an ability to grasp the Violet Grey voice, and fluency in pop culture and beauty vernacular.
- You have knowledge and proficiency in the following- Html, Google Suite, Asana, Keynote
- You are able to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks and projects and complete them on time—especially on tight timeframes.
- You have a self-motivated, and adaptable approach to work. Graceful under pressure.
Rewards & Benefits
- Flexible opt-in benefits including Pto, site discounts, 401k, medical/dental/vision insurance, flexible spending accounts + more.
Equal Opportunities Statement
- Violet Grey is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively Farfetch strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.