The Inventory Integrity & Quality Manager is responsible for leadership of the inventory and quality team to ensure high levels of accuracy, customer service and operational standards. This person is responsible for ensuring inventory controls are met in an efficient and innovative manner, collaborating with internal business partners and third parties to help develop and implement best practices and supporting Nordstrom’s financial and Supply Chain priorities.
- Manage the inventory verification program in compliance with company policy and internal control / audit requirements to ensure the accuracy of inventory transactions and balances
- Planning and execution of scheduled cycle counts
- Execution of inventory counts associated with process exceptions throughout the inventory flow in the building
- Prepare and review documentation of inventory processes, cycle count and inventory adjustment results with building leadership, headquarters business partners, internal and external auditors
- Support the development, implementation and validation of procedures, controls and systems that prevent, detect and correct inventory errors while maintaining appropriate segregation of duties
- Manage execution of quality process audits to ensure customer service and quality standards are met
- Inbound: Receiving, Returns, Product Putaway
- Order Processing: Pick, Pack, Value Added Services (VAS)
- Outbound: Shipping
- Inventory Verification: Cycle Counting
- Perform root cause analysis of count variances and quality audit failures through data analytics and process observation
- Address root cause regarding people, processes and systems with the focus on improvement that effectively reduce future occurrences through cross-functional partnerships with
- Building operations peers and leadership
- Headquarters teams
- Deliver reporting to monitor
- Cycle count progress in accordance with required count frequency
- Cycle count results and trends
- Inventory adjustments by adjustment reason code
- Quality audit results and trends
- Serve as a consultant to provide a point of view to the site Operations team
- Process and/or systems changes impacting inventory transactions
- Monitor aged inventory and partner with headquarters buying team for timely disposition
- Set team direction and priorities, anticipating change and adapting as necessary
- Manage and coach team members for growth and development
- Communicates Effectively: Develops and delivers a variety of communication methods that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Has Courage: Steps up to address difficult issues by saying what needs to be said.
- Develops People: Develops people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Decision Quality: Makes sound and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work-related experience in inventory control, quality process auditing, supply chain operations, or related discipline
- 5+ years distribution and/or fulfillment center work experience
- 3+ years supervisory / management experience
- Demonstrated broad understanding of
- Operational and financial impacts of inventory control
- Inventory control and quality metrics
- Demonstrated cross-functional partnerships identifying root cause of errors and process improvement
- Knowledge of WMS/WES systems; such as Manhattan, Dai, High Jump
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Office applications; such as Excel
- Flexibility to occasionally work off shift for connecting with all team members
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points…
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.