The Regional Manager of Asset Protection is responsible for supervision of Asset Protection leaders throughout their region to include recruiting, development, performance oversight and budgeting. This position will be responsible for the co-development and execution of the company shrink reduction strategy, as well as the related financial performance within their area of responsibility. The Regional Manager Asset Protection is a key member of the operation’s organization, working with cross-functional teams throughout the organization; leading shrink reduction business plans, providing program visibility, analysis, trend reporting and general support to the evolution of the retail loss prevention business. The position is field-based, and travel is required.
- Lead and clearly articulate the vision and values of the organization and the Ap department within the assigned area of responsibility
- Educate Cross Functional Leaders sharing strategies and creating alignment
- Influence change, propose and develop business cases, including obtaining required approvals, financial and technical resource support, and the support of appropriate management teams
- Be data obsessed! Evaluate relevant shrink data from multiple sources to identify regional trends in internal and external theft. Use findings to shape decisions and recommendations
- Act as a results-oriented leader that possesses strong influencing skill and is comfortable working in a fast-paced ambiguous environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities
- Clearly communicate and report on key metrics, allowing for performance improvements so that the desired outcomes are achieved to plan and in a timely manner in alignment with business strategy
- Provide direction and consultation during process rollouts and system enhancements to ensure proper adoption, deployment, and to ensure that all employees are executing the program the way it was designed
- Co-develop and lead implementation of company shrink programs and directives, including creating specific shrink reduction plans and manages compliance and ensures strong awareness culture is in place in all assigned stores.
- Proactively analyze security and safety metrics in area of responsibility and identify/recommend practical solutions to address outliers
- Leverage and dissect all company and departmental activity performance reporting to identify risks and mitigate issues that reduce loss and maximize profitability
- Take a proactive approach to innovate, develop, implement, and manage programs to reduce shortage including preventing and detecting issues of theft and dishonesty
Internal and External Theft Mitigation
- Manage the implementation of programs designed to protect Company assets from loss due to internal/external theft, fraud and unsafe practices within a designated geographical area
- Direct major external theft cases in partnership with corporate Orc team and Market Organized Retail Theft Investigators to bring swift and effective closure to identified cases and to reduce loss
- Investigate cases of internal and external theft or fraud and conduct interviews when appropriate
- Develop, monitor, and interpret key performance indicators (Kpis) and exception-based reporting to help reduce loss, proactively identify trends and root cause in high shrink locations
Emergency Response and Safety Support
- Effectively address and respond to security incidents, including potential and actual workplace violence incidents, protests and civil unrest
- Conduct appropriate testing of the incident response plans
- Review safety and security reporting and identify root causes of trends. Have the ability to provide specific and proactive direction to reduce incidents within region
- Support an environment of Transparency, Diversity and Inclusion
- Own the recruiting, hiring, and development of employees in geographical region and retain candidates who raise the performance bar
- Provide a roadmap for continued development through the company Quarterly Connect Program.
- Own succession planning, provide program support to foster readiness for additional responsibility.
- Customer Focus: Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Decision Quality: Makes sound and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Communicates Effectively: Develops and delivers a variety of communication methods that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Drives Results: Persists in accomplishing objectives, even under tough circumstances. Has a track record of successfully achieving priorities.
- Develops People: Develops people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Has Courage: Steps up to address difficult issues by saying what needs to be said.
- A completed bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or equivalent military or professional experience
- 8 – 10 years’ experience in multi-unit asset protection, loss prevention, inventory control, security services
- 5 years’ experience in managing people leaders
- Demonstrated ability to lead effective shrink strategy
- Familiarity with security equipment such as intrusion detection devices, access control systems, etc.
- Ability to multi-task, make decisions and provide guidance in stressful situations
- Strong time management skills with the capacity to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities
- Effective interpersonal skills both written and verbal with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Proficient with Ms Office Professional Suite, including intermediate knowledge of Excel.
- On call for all store incidents, nights, weekends (Break-ins, weather, alarms, civil unrest activities, etc.)
- Ability to travel up to 50%-75%
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAp Resources
A few more important points…
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.