No longer accepting applications
We are currently seeking an Inventory Controller, who will report to the Store Manager, Cabazon.
How you will contribute:
- Partner with the Management and relevant departments to prevent all internal and external losses
- Resolve inventory issues directly with the Management and relevant departments.
- Participate in balancing and forwarding negatives with central inventory control.
- Ensure all receiving procedures are followed including; receiving merchandise, checking for damages and putting stock away with appropriate care and attention in order to prevent damages from occurring in store.
- Ensures all shipping procedures are followed including; packing of merchandise meeting brand guidelines, shipping/labeling is accurate, supporting paperwork is completed and logged and deadlines are met and generally making sure things are sent in a timely manner and with urgency. This applies for both internal transfers, International shipments and items sent directly to a client.
- Ensure all consignments are processed in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures including; all necessary paperwork has been completed by the sales consultant prior to the merchandise being sent to the client, and that any consignments out longer than company policy dictates are monitored and flagged to management ASAP.
- Ensure that all COG’s are maintained and managed in accordance with the Company’s COG policy.
- Partner with associates to ensure you have all necessary information from for consignments, repairs, etc.
- Provide updates in store meetings when necessary to ensure sales consultants are informed of new and existing policies.
- Manage the preparation of merchandise before each sale period, including; separating carry over items from markdown merchandise. Manage the transferring of unsold merchandise to the warehouse after the sale period when the season ends.
- Management of the stock ledger report.
- Responsible for ensuring annual store inventory process runs smoothly and is successful and efficient.
- Responsible for organization and replenishment of all packaging, including; bags, garment covers, tissue paper and maintenance and care of AMQ wooden hangers as well as other supplies as needed.
- Ensure staff uniform is allocated aside for staff use
- A full stock take of all merchandise received in store will be carried out at set times. In addition to the main stock takes, you will be required to carry out ‘mini’ stock takes of each department, daily and weekly as directed by Management.
- Ensure that any discrepancies found as a result of any of these stock takes are brought to Management’s attention immediately.
- Responsible for making adjustments to the relevant systems following the stock takes and liaising with inventory control where necessary.
- Overall responsibility for the consignment process, putting in place processes for managing outgoing and incoming merchandise on consignment.
- Escalating any consignment issues and ensuring consignment processes and communicated and followed.
- First point of contact with shipping and courier services on consignments and ensuring all related paperwork and system adjustments are recorded and completed.
- Liaise with Inventory teams to inform of any faulty stock and/or repairs.
- Complete and keep a paper trail of the appropriate forms regarding faulty stock and repairs. All repairs must be processed in accordance with the Company’s policy.
Support internal departments
- Working with the sales teams in your own boutique and worldwide to ensure that client demands are met and optimum stock levels are maintained.
- Maintain constant communication management team and Inventory and other relevant teams regarding stock management.
- Support the visual merchandiser by making stock available as needed for particular displays, events, etc.
Your Skills and Experience:
- 1-2 years of experience preferred in a retail stock room
- Ability to easily execute multiple tasks and challenging priorities with strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, professional and polished team player
- High level of accountability and reliability with willingness to accept feedback
- Basic computer skills, Excel experience preferred
- Ability to be mobile/stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to climb a ladder and lift packages upward of 20 lbs. on a regular basis
About Alexander McQueen
Innovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. The brand is synonymous with modern British couture, renowned for its strong identity and celebration of unbridled creativity. Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity. Under the creative direction of Sarah Burton, the house produces critically acclaimed collections, driven by unparalleled vision and respect for craftsmanship. Burton was made Head of Design for womenswear in 2000 and was appointed Creative Director in 2010. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on.
This is a
Your application is submitted to the Brobston Group team and then sent to the employer. We will keep you updated on their feedback until they take over the interview process.