To be primarily responsible for the management of the boutique, the staff within it and the stock. This will include personnel management, exceeding defined business targets whilst working within given budgets and building the brands image through sales.
How You Will Contribute
Sales Objectives & Targets
- Aim to exceed all sales targets set by the Company and at the very minimum ensure that all targets are met by constantly building and maintaining a strong client base.
- Analyse sales figures and CRM activity to develop immediate & long range goal plans. You are also expected to devise and execute strategies for sales generation in order to meet monthly goals, including; sales associates & team incentives,
- Oversee in-store promotional displays and customer events, liaising with visual merchandising and press department where necessary.
- Maintaining awareness of local & luxury market trends and monitoring local competition activity.
- Building relationships with local and VIP clients; works closely with the PR department and coordinates events.
Store Standards and Customer Care
- Liaising with your team, other relevant colleagues and customers in order to identifying and resolving urgent issues.
- Showcase exemplary customer service and resolve customer situations diplomatically, whilst abiding to all Alexander McQueen policies.
- Adhering and reinforcing the brand’s visual merchandising guidelines
- Ensure best possible management of stores upkeep and maintenance, surveying and highlighting any necessary building work, cleaning & other action is undertaken.
Manage Store Operating budgets
- Manage store operations in the most effective way whilst minimizing costs through; headcount and operating costs including; couriers/postage/ alterations & any other outsourced work.
Managing Stock Control
- Review seasonal orders with sales associates to ensure full merchandise potential to buying office.
- Business recap with sales associates focusing on sell through
- Oversee store staff in order to ensure that they adhere to inventory management guidelines/practices; stocktake & consignment procedures & policies.
- Overview of all VIP & Special requests between sales associates & Retail buying office.
- As the key member of the management team you must lead and motivate staff by being a role model and setting an exceptional example to all staff.
- Identifying performance issues and managing them informally, seeking advice from the HR department where necessary. Where concerns need to raised formally, work with HR to ensure the Company’s obligations are met to make sure a fair and consistent processed is followed.
- To conduct in-store training including; coordinating the induction of new staff into the store, product knowledge; sharing information gained from the collection presentations and identifying members of staff who require further attention to ensure that their knowledge is to the high standard we require.
- To carry out yearly appraisals for all staff, following the Company’s procedure and providing constructive and comprehensive feedback, as well as setting individual objectives for development.
- To have an understanding of your staff’s training needs and to liaise with the HR Department to develop ways to implement your training needs.
- Regularly updates staff on business performance, and new initiatives.
- Develop and convert into practical application, the knowledge and skills related to techniques, processes, laws, procedures, policies, equipment and products necessary to do the job effectively and efficiently.
- Co-ordinating roster and overtime
- Monitoring sickness and other absences such as holiday and maternity leave, ensuring appropriate cover is provided, limiting the use of agency staff.
- Minimum 6 years experience where 10+ years in managerial level in store management, ideally gained in luxury fashion
- Computer literate, including excellent knowledge of Microsoft packages (Word & Excel)
- Possess good communication skills
- Previous experience of a similar role where you’ve managed a team and been required to prioritise and multi-task various and competing demands
- A good communicator with the ability to interface regularly with internal and external personnel at all levels
About Alexander McQueen
Innovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. The brand is synonymous with modern British couture, renowned for its strong identity and celebration of unbridled creativity. Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity. Under the creative direction of Sarah Burton, the house produces critically acclaimed collections, driven by unparalleled vision and respect for craftsmanship. Burton was made Head of Design for womenswear in 2000 and was appointed Creative Director in 2010. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on.
This is a
The employer has asked Brobston Group to manage the hiring process, so our team screens all applicants by video call, coaches you through the interview process, checks references, and negotiates compensation.