The Associate Buyer will support the Buying Director in managing business for all product categories through analyzing inventory and sales by location, understanding global market needs, and assisting with market prep and product assortment. The Associate Buyer will also be responsible for assisting the Buying Director with division and product level reporting, liaising with cross-functional teams in support of seasonal brand and commercial objectives.
- Business Management
- Monitor and understand daily/weekly business opportunities and challenges by market, inform and recommend next steps to Buying Director.
- Develop partnerships with internal departments: Wholesale, Merchandising, E-commerce, Marketing, Visual Merchandising, Operations and Logistics.
- Maintain regular communication with stores to better understand market needs.
- Stock balancing/inter-store and warehouse transfers.
- Conduct morning business meetings and trainings in stores/virtually.\
- Reporting & Analysis
- Weekly, monthly, sales and inventory reporting (KPI and attribute reports).
- Stock to sales by location, by season, by classification.
- Market Prep and OTB support.
- Ad hoc reports
- Buy Support
- Buy preparation and support during buying session: run and reference selling history, prior season orders and stock to sales; analyze current business trends.
- Maintain management of daily business during market.