The Senior Buyer is a buying expert with significant buying experience who combines fashion awareness and knowledge of the customer, business strategy, and industry with strong analytical skills and business acumen. The Senior Buyer is directly responsible for a merchandise category/categories and manages a buying team that brings our customers appealing products through a targeted mix of fashion, quality and price while achieving sales and financial goals. The Senior Buyer partners with the senior merchant team in developing overall product vision and strategy and guides the career development of associate and assistant buyers.
- Collaborate with planning team in development and implementation of financial goals, open to buy, and promotional strategies; do monthly projection review with planning to manage open to buy; and partner with planning to reforecast. In partnership with planning build assortment that has diverse, clear price points. Select and build an assortment of styles that achieve the target mix of fashion, quality and price; that coordinates across merchandise types; and meets the varying needs and preferences of the customer.
- Develop product business strategy and goals in partnership with senior merchant team, identifying opportunities and developing solutions to meet or exceed goals.
- Oversee buying activities during the sales campaign based on analysis and allocation done during the year (selection, quantities, assortment by store).
- Manage the Open-to-Buy seasonally .
- Oversee weekly & monthly reporting results and analyze the business accordingly.
- Oversee end of season merchandising reporting and analysis to improve the following season’s offering.
- Supervise the analysis of selling trends, manage reorders and inter-store transfers .
- Monitor sales and stock for the specified categories.
- Oversee consolidations to ensure profitability and satisfy market’s needs.
- Communicate and provide direction to store management regarding product feedback and selling trends in order to ensure successful sales and inventory levels for each market.
- Evaluate competitive market trends.
- Partner with Retail Performance Manager in order to align CRM activities, trainings and execute visual directives.
- Partner with Visual Merchandising Senior Manager of the Americas to ensure successful collection launches and product priorities.
- Manage inventory levels, merchandise flow and pricing for all North America outlet locations.
- Partner with North America Press team to ensure product alignment with local editorials .
- Travel to Corporate Office for selection and allocation of merchandise by store location, each season.
- Supervise day-to-day work; train, develop and manage performance of associate and assistant buyers and merchandising assistant, including making recommendations on hiring, counseling, review, promotion and retention.