The Human Resources Manager is in charge of developing policy. They direct and coordinate human resources activities, such as employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, training, and employee services. This role reports to the CEO.
- Writes directives advising Company policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits. Updates employee handbook as needed.
- Runs Weekly Payroll and reconciles with the payroll provider.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reports are in compliance.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster a positive attitude toward Company goals.
- Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and retirement plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Administers performance review programs to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within the organization.
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health, and dental insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance. Performs annual benefits renewal review.
- Prepares the budget of human resources operations.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.