The Senior Designer reports to the Vice President of Design and leads direction on product categories from conception to production.
- Partner with the VP of Design in creating seasonal color stories, initial fabrics selections, trims, print direction, treatments, and embellishments.
- Initiate inspirational research that compliments the collection’s theme and is based on direction from VP of Design and Creative Director.
- Initiate concept and development on all categories through sketching, draping, and swatch mockups in preparation for sketch review with Creative Director.
- Present sketches, drapes and ideas in an organized manner to both the VP of Design and Creative Director.
- Actively participate in styling and fit sessions.
- Work closely with Fabric and Trim counterparts to develop/redevelop seasonal needs for collections.
- Follow Line Plans to develop styles that cater to the needs of the business.
- Work with Tech Design and in-house Patternmakers to ensure each style is executed with accuracy.
- Partner with Product Development to help Co-Manage factory communication when needed.
- Partner with Sales and Merchandising teams regularly to review selling reports. Strategically analyze and integrate any informed knowledge/requirements in the subsequent and ongoing design assortment.
- Direct Associate Designer and/or apprentices on developments, explorations, tasks or special projects requirements to facilitate needs of the design process.
- Oversee all related job responsibilities for the design team and help to manage timecard approvals as needed.
- Encourage the associates to design product – to be creative and to support your needs to ensure strong items in each delivery from concept to production.
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with the other design departments, Product Development, Production, Tech, Merchandising, Sales, Factories/Agents.