The Director of Merchandising leads the organization’s merchandising team in the development and execution of product strategies across all categories of business in order to achieve short- and long-term brand and financial goals.
- Develop, lead and communicate the merchandising product and assortment strategy.
- Create relevant, cohesive and compelling brand-right product assortments that drive business, building newness while not excluding the needs of current customers.
- Partner with Design and Product Development to build and execute an assortment that addresses brand strategies and customer needs. Drive communication of costing needs to maintain margin targets.
- Partner and build effective relationships with Global Merchandise Planning (GMP) to effectively influence and drive objectives/customer needs, and identify product opportunities globally.
- Actively partner with merchandising peers to ensure synergy across the total product strategy and execution.
- Analyze sales on a weekly basis to gain comprehensive understanding of the state of the business and make recommendations to drive business growth. Provide global analysis that drives decisions and overall strategy.
- Identify product opportunities through regular hind-sighting that incorporates: consumer research, business feedback and sales performance analysis.
- Maintain an in depth and up to date awareness of the competitive landscape through store visits, on-line review, events, markets, and other means to identify opportunities for future growth and opportunities for the category.
- Maintain updated knowledge of key competitor distribution and pricing strategies.
- Manage team to meet key deliverables, while successfully supporting their growth and development.