The Patternmaker will translate blueprints and design models into factory patterns using drafting software or freehand measurement techniques.
- Develop and create patterns utilizing Design team’s sketches as guides.
- Provide feedback and suggest alternatives to ensure sketch can be translated into a pattern.
- Ensure the overall vision and design details are interpreted correctly and realistically in samples.
- Create standards for construction and assist in resolving construction issues in development and production.
- Serve as the technical voice in development and production fittings.
- Advise sewers on necessary steps and techniques to create the sample accurately.
- Inspect finished samples to ensure pattern accuracy, advise on changes.