When assessing a candidate for a specific role we will evaluate their fit in the following areas:
- Work experience – we look for recent experience in related roles, brands, and markets.
- Hard skills – specific learned skills that are required for success in the role (e.g. technology skills, management skills, creative skills, analytical skills)
- Soft skills – charisma, personal presentation, communication skills, inter-personal skills, work ethic, and a growth mindset. These tend to be best understood through general conversation with an emotionally intelligent recruiter rather than specific questions.
- Career objectives – do the candidate’s personal objectives make sense for this role? Will the realities of the role bring fulfillment and longevity? We ask these questions directly instead of making assumptions.
- Compensation – are expectations aligned with the budget for the role?
We meet with each of our candidates face-to-face before recommending them, because some of the most important aspects of a candidate can only be understood face-to-face. Here are some of these aspects we look for:
Warm and engaging people who can connect on a human level with colleagues, subordinates, and clients.
Results-Oriented and Dedicated
Ambitious, results-oriented, who have a demonstrated track record of success. They don’t just love people and product, they know how to deliver business results. They have also demonstrated longevity and commitment in their past roles.
Our candidates can be counted on. They are natural leaders and team builders, bring humility to their work, and love to learn from those around them. They have demonstrated timeliness, respect for others, and strong communication skills.
Our candidates have several years of experience driving results in the industry. Candidates for entry-level roles have appropriate internship and education backgrounds.