Know the company.
- Research the past and present of the company on their website and social media channels. Visit their stores and wholesale partners discreetly (don’t tell the team why you are there). Determine their main competitors, read recent press, and watch their fashion shows. All of this will help you have an informed conversation about whats happening with the brand and where they might be headed.
Know who you’re talking to.
- Looking up who you will be meeting with on LinkedIn beforehand. This will give you an understanding of their background and tenure with the company. Don’t reference this research, but use it to inform your conversation.
Prepare answers to:
- What are your compensation expectations?
- Tell me about yourself
- Tell us about a challenging situation that you have overcome and what you learned
- Why do you want to work for us?
- Why did you move between each role on your resume?
- (If you are not currently employed), why did you leave your last role?
Prepare the story of your career and why you can leverage your experience in the specific role.
- Prepare a 5-10 minute story of your progression through your roles, what you learned, why you made each move, and what you’re looking for in a next role. Articulate how your previous experience and achievements can translate into success in this new role. Practice this story and tell it with passion!