The Retail Buyer will build assortment strategies to gain market share and drive revenue.
- Collaborate with internal partners in US and Italy to establish long-term, viable business growth opportunities.
- Formulate and execute selection, range, assortment and promotion of merchandise in assigned product category by store need and demographic.
- Consistently analyze in season sales performance and make recommendations to Managing Director and team.
- Communicate weekly business performance; suggest follow up strategies to business partners to drive full price sales.
- Participate in monthly MMR meeting with Global partners to communicate regional business and provide recommendations on go forward strategies and inventory needs.
- Analyze and run ad-hoc reports to identify business drivers and possible liabilities.
- Execute key performance indicators, sell thru and gross margin, across all doors.
- Evaluate OTB in areas of sales, markdowns, receipts to identify and place re-orders.
- Partner with the Planning Analyst to continually manage the women’s ready to wear business thru in season analysis.
- Manage order file, liaise with stores regarding product availability and communicate opportunities with stores.
- Strategize timing and fulfillment of replenishment and merchandise consolidations.
- Participate in store visits to enhance knowledge of customer base and profile.
- Create strategy to track seasonal marketing campaigns, analyze campaign matrix to identify performance against buy.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in buying and/or planning.
- Ready to wear experience preferred.
- High level of proficiency in Excel, Word and familiarity of inventory systems.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities.
- Ability to influence, present and defend a business decision both one on one and in a group setting.
- Energetic, flexible and positive under pressure.
- Creative, assertive and solution oriented when faced with challenging directives.