The Hermès Williamsburg Pop-Up Boutique will open in April 2023 and will focus on providing extraordinary service to clients as a part of the New York City Region. This position will report to the Vice President of the New York Region and will work collaboratively with the sales team and selling support teams to support the client experience in a fast-paced, luxury environment.
The Managing Director is responsible for successfully running all aspects of the business including building sales, identifying opportunities, client development and service, coaching and counseling of staff, operational controls, etc.
About the Role:
- Oversees management team and ensures that they are well informed, trained and aligned in approach
- Provides strategy for team motivation, orchestrates change as needed, drives results through excellent people management
- Maintains at all times high morale and drive to achieve results
- Provides timely, thoughtful and appropriate analysis of business opportunities and the corresponding strategy for the development of the boutique
- Manages the buying through preparation, strategy and execution of the buy
- Ensures the highest level of service, coaching staff and management for increased performance
- Conducts/supervises the monthly touch base sales coaching process, effectively coaching for optimal results
- Addresses all issues effecting the boutique in a timely and thoughtful manner, delegating and following up as necessary
- Effectively partners with all corporate departments, metier heads etc. to make sure the boutique is well supported in achieving its goals
- Maintains an active database of candidates for boutique. Recruits, interviews and selects appropriately
- Embraces and supports all company initiatives, contests, programs
- Full responsibility for P&L, sales goal and inventory results
- Full responsibility for training of staff, communication and adherence to policy
- Maintains active Hr notes on team performance and is responsible to write annual evaluations for direct reports in addition to guiding managers for all boutique reviews
- Manage stock for qualitative and quantitative maintenance respecting best sellers, aged inventory, and Mos guidelines
- Active partner with Communications Team to organize relevant Events that build client relationships and reflect the spirit of the House
- Work closely with Vm team to ensure exceptional standards are always respected and new product stories are always highlighted
- Be fully aware of market trends and ensure Floor Managers conduct regular competitive shopping
Ability to represent Leadership of entire store. Observant of support team, and Guard team productivity and adherence to policy. Ability to gain partnership on store needs, and lead the team.
P&L responsibility and responsibility for meeting sales and budget plan and adhering to payroll budget. Also responsible for shrinkage and loss prevention company goals.
Decision Making Responsibility:
Client Services, Policy interpretation, Recommendation for hiring and promotion, Buying decisions, Merchandising efforts, etc.
- Minimum 5 years prior Store Management experience, or flagship Assistant Store Manager Experience
- Previous buying experience relative to Managing Director responsibility
- Individual Management of multi person teams
- Prior reporting functions to Executive management and Merchant levels
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Demonstrated experience running a high volume store
- Driver of sales, enthusiastic, high energy. Natural and dynamic leader of a team
- Impeccable standards of service and experience with a luxury/quality seeking clientele
- Natural elegance in communication to all levels with particular experience interacting with high level company executives and handling frequent store visits
- Proven ability to supervise and develop other high level members of store management
- Operationally sound
- Strategic, open to new ideas, not fearful of change
- Ability to motivate and maintain morale of team even in challenging circumstances. Is not afraid of conflict.
- Good delegator with excellent follow up skills but able to truly empower other managers
- Ability and desire to form strong partnerships across the organization. Sees the value in others opinions
- Great sense of personal style and passion for our brand and heritage
- Sensitivity to a multi-cultural environment and experience working with France or other European brands
- Exceptional merchant with previous buying experience and strength in managing buying process preferred
- Sense of humor. Does not take self too seriously or demonstrate arrogance. Humble nature, refined, understated, discrete
- Kind but effective management style. Does not manage by fear or intimidation.
- Comfortable with fast paced environment. Ability to prioritize effectively.
- Knowledge of French language helpful
- Travel required, 4-5 weeks annually to Paris