The Area Sales Manager is responsible for the development of both turn-over and visibility of 3 different brands:
- Metaphores – Home furnishing textiles (3 Brands: Verel de Belval, Métaphores and Le Crin)
- Bucol – Fashion textile
- Precious Leather Company – precious leather in the US market
The ideal candidate demonstrates strong capabilities to lead and grow the business in various fields such as high-end apparel, home furnishings and precious leather skins. Interacts effectively across the organizations at all levels. Reinforces established relationships with upscale and existing clients and opens and secures new key accounts.
In the textile furnishing business, the Area Sales Manager will efficiently negotiate with our agents to maximize our visibility, revenues and profits.
About the Role:
- Develop sales strategy and action plans linked to the global strategy defined for all external markets
- Define and control budgets by season and client
- Textile Collections Presentations
- Daily management of agents and sales personnel in the US i.e. Responsible of training of show-rooms managers
- Development of maximizing Merchandising Tools
- Participate in international events ie Paris-Deco-Off, Salon du Cuir, Salon de Milan, Première Vision and more…
- Responsible for weekly detailed reporting of business activity, such as turn-over, product performance, showroom profitability, and prospect plan
- Fluent in French
- Demonstrates unquestionable integrity in every aspect of work and dealing with others
- Consistently models desired behaviors and values established by the company
- Respects diversity of perspective in discussions and demonstrates an inclusive style
- Effectively builds and maintains partnerships with clients, prospects and people at all levels across the company
- Contributes to team and company success
- Maintains flexibility and reacts to change appropriately
- Communicates and shares information with candor that builds trust and enhances relationships
- Achievement criteria
- Evolution of both turn-over and visibility of brands on the UsA territory
- Effective order management
- Achievement of quantitative and qualitative objectives defined by activity
- Must be Fluent in English and French
- Prior experience in a similar position, working with textiles (department stores, retailers, showrooms) and interior design firms.
- The candidate should be passionate about design at large and have existing relationship in the trade community.
- Excellent communication, written and oral skills.
- Strong sales skills and proven track record of achieving sales goals.
- Inter-office relationship skills, ability to work effectively with others.
- Self-Motivating and able to work independently.
- Capacity to analyze and summarize, attention to detail.
- Position is in Manhattan, New York Office.
- Travels in the region and occasionally to Europe are required (Up to 30%)