The Director, Strategy & Business Planning is responsible for leading the Core Bubbles business roadmap to achieve the Mhusa 2030 strategy by delivering on the P&L through 3 key strategic imperatives: accelerating Moet & Chandan to become the number one champagne brand in the US., driving premiumization of Veuve Clicquot through mix and selective distribution channels and supporting the Chandon Business and team. The Director, Strategy & Business Planning works closely with the VP of Core Bubbles to develop and execute strategies and action plans for forecasting, planning, and pricing as well as identifying business growth opportunities, including underrepresented business segments through analysis of data and KPI’s. The Director, Strategy & Business Planning, Core Bubbles serves as a key partner to the entire Core Bubbles team by connecting the department as one business unit and delivering upon the targets and expectations for each individual Maison.
- Responsible for leading a data driven commercial plan which monitors business performance and overall execution of strategic imperatives.
- Lead all aspects of the planning, forecasting, and pricing process for Core Bubbles to achieve sales and profitability targets.
- Identify business growth opportunities to achieve budgets for all brands within the Core Bubbles portfolio, in partnership with the Core Bubbles team, the Maisons, the Regions, and the Finance team.
- Conduct regular analysis of brand performance to create fact-based recommendations and action plans to support an increase in depletions and overall profitability.
- Develop and oversee optimum pricing strategies to maximize business growth as needed.
- Utilize key information from brand and commercial teams to identify business opportunities in growth markets and underpenetrated consumer segments; work directly with the Business Insight / Data, Analytics and Commercial Management teams to identify areas of opportunity and growth.
- Establish, monitor, and report on overarching business and brand KPIs (Program/initiative KPIs established and tracked in partnership with Brand Marketing).
- Establish a strong partnership to get Supply and A&P to support 2030 strategy and achieve budget; ensure Maison guidelines are executed (i.e., pricing, A&P strat map, etc) to achieve depletions and profitability goals.
- Serve as the main liaison with FP&A on Financial Reporting, LE1/LE2/R&O/Landing deliverables
- Work closely with the Finance and Operations teams to monitor and allocate the supply for the Core Bubbles portfolio to maximize efficiency.
- Lead forecasting and operations management to avoid OOS and maximize profitability.
- Take ownership of P&L Management including Total Brand, A&P & FTT tracking, in partnership with Brand & Trade Marketing teams.
- Act as the main contact for Maison (Commercial Team) and Global QBRs, and internal Monthly Business Reviews; produce and lead all deliverables to ensure effective meetings with Maisons and Internal Business Reviews.
- Lead ongoing meetings with Regions including BDM monthly calls and bi-yearly meetings.
- Develop and maintain strong cross functional relationships with the sales organization, the Finance and Operations teams and the Maisons; communicate brand group priorities and investment strategies (Mix, A&P + FTT) and get local insights to monitor and manage business performance, delivering budget each year for each brand.
qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s or MBA preferred.
8-10 years of experience in business analysis, finance, business intelligence or planning with a strong understanding of brand marketing, preferably in a luxury environment.
- Excellent analytical and data interpretative skills with the ability to articulate recommendations with clear messaging for Regions to execute and Maisons to endorse.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate strategic Point of view and recommendations.
- High level of organization/project management capabilities with ability to work autonomously.
- Comfortable with large data sets and learning internal database systems (Anaplan, Sap, IRI…).
- Proven proficiency in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
- Solid time management skills and ability to work independently or within a large team.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of consumer panels: IRI, Nielsen.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Strong customer focus, sense of urgency, and negotiation skills.
- Can demonstrate strength in the following Capabilities: Strategic Mindset, Business Insights, Balancing Stakeholders and Planning and Aligning.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization, adapting to various work styles.
Moët Hennessy USA, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Moët Hennessy USA, Inc. considers candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.