The Director, Market Analytics & Intelligence is a leadership role whose primary focus is to drive utilization, adoption, and innovation within the market intelligence community within MHUSA. As a key strategic partner cross functionally the Commercial and Brand teams, this role leads the appropriate use of this data to enable data-driven decision making. This role leads the market analytics & intelligence strategy that supports MHUSA’s continued commitment to leveraging advanced analytics in all business decision making. This role is responsible for demonstrating and embedding market intelligence throughout MHUSA in service of MH Global’s Market Intelligence ambition and the MHUSA 2030 Strategy.
Market Advanced Analytics:
- Work closely with Commercial, Brand, and It teams to develop market intelligence products to augment decision making.
- Provide thought leadership and technical experience to Machine Learning Engineers and Data Scientists
- Own end to end delivery of market intelligence products including, but not limited to: Pricing Elasticity Models, Market Mix Models, and Market Performance.
- Apply deep knowledge of the market intelligence space to be a key thought leader on the marketplace, it’s competitors and the position of MHUSA.
- Own the relationship between key market data providers maximizing value of the relationship and continuously optimizing value in service of Mhusa business needs.
- Champion the use of market intelligence to identify additional opportunities for MHUSA as well as risk mitigation opportunities in the competitive landscape
- Evangelize and support market intelligence across multiple stakeholders locally, regionally, and globally.
- Partner with strategic Brand, Commercial, and Leadership teams to implement learnings and to set courses of action.
- Coach and collaborate with teams across the organization to ensure market intelligence data is clearly understood and utilized.
- Prepare strategic and issue-based presentations for senior management, internal and external business partners, and global stakeholders.
- Partner with other key Advanced Analytics leaders within MHUSA to build the culture of Data & Analytics within MHUSA, establishing and enabling the next generation of analytics talent
- Contribute to MH Global market intelligence roadmap and strategy, including partnership investments, application, partner networks, and operating model.
- Continuously search for and create extension opportunities at the intersection of business needs and intellectual curiosity.
- Maintain a flexible and adaptable mindset by continually evaluating, revising and responding with agility to meet rapidly evolving business needs, and perform other functions and duties as assigned
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
Bachelor’s degree in a related field required
- 10+ years of research and insights experience in a packaged goods environment, applying market intelligence into business processes that has supported strategic business outcomes.
- Experience with the following market suppliers and techniques preferred: Nielsen, IRI, Pricing Elasticity, Market Mix Models
- Some global experience preferred.
- Wines and spirits experience in the U.S. three-tier system preferred.
Practical / Technical Knowledge
- Proven functional expertise.
- Ability to develop, sell, and drive best practices and ways of working to elevate the broader functional impact.
- Success in enabling teams to understand, analyze, interpret, and articulate relevant intelligence and data that can be commercialized to drive progress.
- A passion for successfully navigating the challenges of establishing and executing a vision, building a team, developing necessary capabilities, and formalizing processes to support continuity.
- A track record of driving results in a complex, multi-stakeholder, volatile, and uncertain environment.
- Courage and resilience to communicate objectively and with tact ‘hard truths’ to key organizational stakeholders
- Empathetically communicate data and business recommendations to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to educate and influence business partners at all levels to act from the data to propel the business forward.
- Proven ability to manage relationships with cross-functional teams, especially business leaders, to elevate the strategic impact of the function.
- Proven ability to identify, attract, and develop top talent and drive high performance.
- Sensitive and responsive to social and cultural differences with responsibility for influencing decision beyond North America.
- Ability to maintain awareness and effectively leverage and prioritize trends and influences in the consumer packaged goods space.
- Progressive thought leadership and strong commercial acumen with the ability to develop and deliver high-impact consumer products insights with a proven record of taking calculated risks for long-term benefit.
Moët Hennessy USA, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Moët Hennessy USA, Inc. considers candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.