The Director of E-Commerce will manage the Brand website and implement innovative Digital marketing campaigns to maximize revenue, profit and increase customer satisfaction through a better shopping experience.
Working closely with Merchandising, Inventory Planning, Information Technology, and Creative, the E-Commerce Director is responsible for driving the e-commerce business. They are tasked with all promotion planning, site store functionalities, including proper management and display of product assets, internal functioning of site tools, and creating a look and feel that conveys the overall brand position. This individual will also develop strategies to utilize e-mail, affiliate partnerships, paid and natural search and other forms of digital marketing to drive demand and ROI.
This position will direct and train a team.
- Understand site and digital marketing performance and track web demand by product/category to make the necessary adjustment to the upcoming e-merchandising and digital marketing plans.
- Work closely with Merchandising, Inventory Planning, and Creative Services to develop brand driven emails, homepages and social campaigns to drive key products, trends, and themes that support business initiatives.
- Make recommendations based on data analysis and usability testing to improve the customer experience and optimize demand, margin, and conversion.
- Maximize online revenue and ROI generated by digital marketing programs by increasing customer retention and acquiring customer within acquisition cost goals.
- Lead, coach and develop e-commerce and digital marketing team.
- Perform external analysis of industry trends in e-commerce, competitor initiatives, and consumer needs through primary and secondary research methods.
- Attend product review meetings to clearly understand the brand positioning and how to translate to optimized website performance.
- Identify business opportunity and risks through analyzing sales and marketplace information.
- Partner with Digital Marketing SMEs on content-related SEO and SEM efforts for the brand.
- Perform other duties, as needed.