The Sales Manager will effectively assist the Store Director in leading, developing and supporting the sales and operations of the Mikimoto boutique in order to meet or exceed sales and profitability targets. The Sales Manager will support business goals by tracking performance, reporting on key Kpis and developing strategy plans. The Sales Manager possesses a thorough understanding of luxury client purchasing behaviors and has a proven experience in working successfully with a sales team to achieve deliverables in a client-centric luxury retail environment. The Sales Manager is a strong, dynamic, decisive, inspiring and collaborative leader who builds a climate of service excellence and leads the team to deliver memorable client experiences.Key
Team Development and Management
- Motivate and support the boutique team.
- Communicate strategic brand initiatives by consistently sharing relevant information and by conducting weekly staff meeting.
- Ensure that the team is aware of the brand strategies, boutique targets, marketing and retail activations, local/global.
- Educate and inspire boutique team with knowledge on the brand, local/global competitive landscape and industry information.
- Collaborate with boutique management and Corporate departments (retail, merchandising, marketing, etc…) to effectively communicate key messages, opportunities and needs.
- Identify coaching and training opportunities for the sales team. Partner with boutique management in order to implement effective coaching and training plan.
- Lead and manage the performance management process through regular individual meetings, including monthly, quarterly and annual review.
Sales and Client Experience
- Achieve boutique sales plan and other Kpis by driving lifetime loyalty and spend. Identify business opportunities and implement actions to consistently achieve or exceed monthly, quarterly and annual store sales plan.
- Demonstrate sales leadership by playing an active role on the sales floor and managing client relationships personally.
- Develop a strong understanding of the boutique business and assess local market opportunities to implement a proactive and effective sales strategy.
- Assist in developing and executing creative promotional vehicles to increase sales and Mikimoto exposure.
- Maintain high standards of product knowledge, sales technique, clienteling and customer service.
- Lead the development of excellent client relationships by creating and celebrating meaningful moments for our established and our new clients.
- Elevate and enhance the Client journey by engaging with our clients, by sharing Mikimoto history and heritage, merchandise collections, exclusivity and how it relates to a grading and pricing structure by utilizing knowledge of company products and services.
- Implement client development strategies to ensure the growth of genuine client relationships resulting in increased business opportunities.
- Support the team with their client strategies by regularly reviewing the Sales Associate individual client business plan in order to increase our repeat business, our Vip client strategy and High Jewelry sales.
- Maintain personal client book of Vip and high potential clients with the goal of growing our High Jewelry sales.
- Partner with boutique management on Crm efforts such as data capture, client outreach, repeat and new business to ensure that the boutique objectives are met.
- Partner with the team and workshop on escalated client matters to ensure optimal solutions are provided.
- Lead, promote and attend networking activities to increase brand exposure, recognition and market penetration.
- In the Store Director’s absence, conduct daily meetings with staff to discuss current marketing, sales and target status for the month, anticipated traffic based on current events, recent merchandise arrivals, latest news related to jewelry industry, policy changes, etc.
- Prepare regular sales reporting and analysis including monthly reports providing qualitative analysis for business growth.
- Participate in the daily set up and break down of boutique for opening and closing as needed.
- Support all aspects of operations including boutique maintenance needs, supply ordering and upkeep, and any needs to facilitate the sales process and management needs, flexibility in work hours and shifts to ensure business needs are met
- Policy & Procedure: Ensure all paperwork is in line with Mikimoto policies and processed in a timely manner as established by Management. Ensure perfect audit scores for the boutique.
- Stock Management: in partnership with the Assistant Manager of Operations, oversee all product movement efficiently, transfer requests, shipping and receiving, 100% tagging accuracy and quality control, review sales and ensure appropriate replenishment.
- Inventory: in partnership with the Assistant Manager of Operations, lead boutique semi-annual inventory and reconciliation, cycle counts, safe organization.
- Repairs: In collaboration with the Assistant Manager of Operations, ensure accuracy of the repair platform. Assist the team by serving as a liaison between the boutique and the workshop.
- Communication: Clear, Concise and organized communication, team player, support to Boutique Management and professional in all aspects.