Manager, VIC & Client Development Strategy
CHANEL is looking for a Manager, VIC – West Coast to join our CHANEL corporate VIC team, based remotely on the West Coast. You will play an important role within the team by strategizing, evolving, and enhancing CHANEL’s top client program, with a specific focus on the West Coast market. In this focus market, this role will have a specific focus on engaging top VIC clients, and collaborating closely with retail teams, regional retail leadership, department store managers, and home office teams in New York.
In this role you will report to and partner closely with the Senior Group Director, VIC & Client Development, as well as with the Manager of the team in strategizing and managing top client engagement and specifically focusing on the ways in which CHANEL’s VIC program impacts our business and top clients on the West Coast.
This role will also glean insights from KPI measurement/analysis performed by the team and will be able to identify market specific risks and opportunities, as well as strategic proposals based upon these assessments that are tailored to the needs of West Coast business and clientele. Our ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of experience (preferably within a client facing or Events background), a deep understanding of luxury service and product, a strong ability and desire to entertain and socialize amongst diverse set of top clientele, a strong skillset when it comes to problem solving with a client-centric approach, and a strategic mindset. Retail leadership experience and nuanced understanding of major department store landscape is a plus.
What impact you can create at CHANEL:
- You will be instrumental in assessing opportunities and risks related to VIC client activity and engagement; strategize creative solutions, that are tailored to the needs of the West Coast market
- You will have a unique and impactful opportunity to create and deepen relationships with top clients, and boutique leaders across our Western markets, with a particular focus on a refined approach commensurate with brand image and values
- In this role you will help to represent and advocate for West Coast market needs, and specificities with both Home Office teams, regional retail leadership, and global partners
- An exciting aspect of the work is also your ability to partner with other remote, West Coast based teams to align on strategic initiatives, cross-collaborations, program enhancements, and communication of Us strategic points of view within your market
- You will have a deep understanding of VIC client socio-cultural nuances from market to market in your region and adapt strategy accordingly
- Spend time with our boutique teams, learning and collaborating with boutique leaders and teams to problem solve complex matters relating to VIC client activity and engagement
- Partner with client engagement teammates and boutique leaders to host, entertain and engage VIC clients both domestically and internationally
- Express your curiosity by understanding the retail environment/landscape intimately and be able to dynamically adapt to the needs of our boutique teams in times of change, with a particular focus on VIC relationships within department store environments
- Lead the charge on coordination, execution and partnerships involved with stewarding best-in-class luxurious client events and experiences for West Coast clients both domestically and internationally
- Enjoy being a key strategic partner and working extremely collaboratively with team; prioritize being a team player and putting VIC clients first
- Collaborate with key home office partners, to develop synergies and connect dots on regional and divisional goals including but not limited to: Boutique leadership, Education, Style Expertise, Events, Strategy, Merchandising, and Ops teams
You are energized by…
- Working in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment; embracing change and being both creative and agile.
- Interacting with and engaging VIP CHANEL clients
- Navigating complexity and supporting consistent transformation and change
- Innovating and taking initiative; self-starting and proposing transformative solutions to senior management
- Understanding the key balance between quantitative/qualitative approach to strategy
- An exceptionally high attention to detail and organization
- Problem-solving creatively and communicating in a compelling way to a variety of different audiences
- Zooming out to understand how the team’s work impacts big picture and region/division/company vision and priorities while being extremely detail oriented
- Connecting the dots on challenges, bringing a key eye for details and expert problem perception
- Prioritizing the importance of discretion and confidentiality when dealing with both quantitative and qualitative data
What you will bring to the team…
- Unique understanding of top client landscape in the in the Us with specific established relationships with top luxury fashion clientele in California and Western Us.
- Skilled and proficient in both Excel & Powerpoint, with specific ability to manage data in an organized and efficient way as well as build compelling decks with key insights based upon data that can be cogently argued and defended.
- A strong comfortability working with data and numbers, relating VIC activity to company and division goals
- A strong understanding of how to leverage data analytics to implement actionable strategies and solutions
- Experience working with major department stores in a CRM/Marketing role a plus
- Experience within or adjacent to Business Strategy/Consulting a plus
- Ability to fluently and elegantly socialize in Mandarin a plus
If there are unique characteristics about a job’s responsibilities or requirements, we must list them transparently for candidates to see before applying. Ideally, position logistics will share travel requirements, if any lifting is required, if a role is hybrid or has direct reports, or requires any unique qualifications or commitments.
- Years of experience: Minimum 5 – 7 years of relevant experience
- Education Requirements Bachelor’s degree required
- Location requirements: Hybrid (Los, Angeles, CA & Remote)
- Travel requirements (best communicated in percentage or days per week.) up to 40%
Section 5: What skills you will learn? What experiences might you have? (This is best leveraged for internal job posting to best attract internal talents)
- Exciting opportunities to lead, strategize, implement initiatives, and engage CHANEL VIC clientele within the Western Region.
- Partner with western regional retail leaders and home office teams to gain deep understanding of retail environments and in-boutique VIC services and approach.
- Travel both internationally and domestically to host and steward best in class, luxurious client events and experiences
- Highly visible and collaborative role—working with a wide variety of teams and levels across the organization
- Opportunity to be a leader on a team in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with strong business impacts.
- Opportunity to exercise both analytical skill-set and strong social/’people’ skills in one role
- Opportunity to deepen relationships with local and Ny based teams as well as international teams from CHANEL around the world, understanding how to connect the dots locally, divisionally, regionally, and globally.
- Opportunities for visibility to senior leadership both within Us and global offices.
- Direct leader committed to individual development