We are looking for a Manager, International-China Marketing & Business Development to join our international team.
This role will help support our entry and accelerated expansion of the brand within China. In this role, the Manager will assist in strengthening the implementation of the brand’s unique model, while supporting the development of the international strategy of the brand within China.
This position requires analytical, business focus and expertise, as well as strong project management skills and a team player mindset. The position is based in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, reporting to the International Business Development Executive Director and Global Marketing Vice President.
The Manager will support both arms of the business, with a fluid 50/50 split, bridging business development and marketing. This role is based in our Williamsburg, Brooklyn office.
Key Roles And Responsibilities:
- International Business Development, China
- Serve as the point person between China and Global international/marketing teams
- Lead China-Global touch bases; drive global support and help China and Global teams unlock any issues or roadblocks
- Drive collaboration and share relevant information between China, Tr and Apac region
- Communicate and share relevant global information with China team (e.g. innovation calendars)Share and develop relevant Global Guidelines & Best Practices to support opportunities in China, working closely with cross functional teams
- Main point of contact for all China-related business and market intelligence
- Perform monthly China business reviews and post-mortem analyses of product mix, new launches, brand initiatives to identify opportunities
- Manage pricing analysis and distribution analysis for China (incl. expansion roadmap, productivity potential, competitive distribution mapping etc.)
- Support China-related initiatives/deliverables, including senior management business presentations, budget/Lrp process
- Manage key China 360 marketing initiatives, ensuring there is clarity in approach, deliverables, and timeline, and that both China and Global are equipped with required information
- Review and vet all Chinese copy to ensure there is consistency in brand tone and equity (product copy, education, press kits, etc)
- Ensure alignment and preservation of brand equity in China’s marketing approach
- Support product marketing processes, including product registration, ensuring names and copy are properly translated and liaising with global functional teams and China teams to ensure all steps are carried out in time for launch
- Manage communication with Corporate Legal on China issues (e.g., trademarking) and track progress and costs
- Stay up to date and gather relevant products, brands, marketing initiatives as relevant competitive benchmarks from China team. Provide actionable insights.
Champion And Steward Le Labo Values
- commit to broader responsibility & accountability for sustainability, diversity & inclusion while staying true to the Le Labo mission.
- Demonstrate kindness and respect, empathy, inclusion, and humility, and ensure these are at the core of all interactions.
- Embody the values of the manifesto through our actions, and drive accountability for contributing to the growing internal culture of Le Labo.
- Create value and positive impact across all elements of our Brand, operations, teams, partners, and the broader world.
- Exude passion for Le Labo and deeply appreciate, understand the Brand DNA drive broader Sustainability initiatives within China business
Qualifications And Skills:
- College degree required
- Approximate 6+ years of in-depth experience with China
- Native Chinese speaker
- Superior communication and inter-personal skills to work with and meet the needs of several departments
- Comfortable with leading calls and presenting to peers and senior leaders
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills (incl. advanced Excel functions), with an eye for formatting and presenting information in a digestible way
- Strong proven ability to analyze and synthesize quantitative data, explain analysis and making recommendations
- Be a motivated self-starter, with the ability to work both independently as well as collaboratively with a team-player mindset
- Strong ability to work in an extremely agile way, prioritizing and working alongside the needs of the team; enjoys a fast pace and embraces change.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple complex projects in fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand the “big picture” as well as have impeccable attention to detail
- Must be comfortable and adaptable to entrepreneurial environment as well as structured, corporate atmosphere
- Entrepreneurial, “roll up your sleeves” attitude
- Exude passion for Le Labo and deeply appreciate and understand the Brand Dna flexibility in hours to manage time zone differences with China team