The Manager, People Services is responsible for supporting organizational goals through the effective management of the entire life cycle of the associate. This position serves as an integral part of the People Services organization and supports the Merchandising pyramid.
Culture and Engagement
- Assists in creating change plans, secures commitment to change, and coaches’ leaders on their role in the change
- Shares best practices across Merchandising organization for recognition of extraordinary results and performance
- Champions Diversity and Belonging to build an environment where everyone is respected
- Exercises a high degree of confidentiality with sensitive information
Talent Management & Compliance
- Helps drive the pyramid people strategy for Merchandising & Planning Organization in partnership with Director, People Services.
- Facilitates the Talent Planning process and provides strategic support for people development
- Oversees and participates in the performance management process in partnership with Merchandising Leadership to proactively address performance concerns.
- Understands company strategy and goals, how individual work contributes to success, and helps transfer this understanding to Associates
- Owns assigned People Services initiatives and champions change adoption
- Partners with Merchandising Leadership to stay aware of Associate concerns and address issues in a timely manner
- Facilitates mediation by asking insightful questions, listening to understand, and providing appropriate feedback to achieve resolution or improvement
- Reviews Associate issues and makes recommendations regarding People decisions (e.g., discipline, terminations, etc.)
- Utilizes exceptional interpersonal skills to advise, coach, and counsel Associates
- Delivers difficult and / or complex messages and determines the appropriate communication channels for these messages
- Enforces company policies and procedures, facilitating Associate and Manager understanding of them
- Maintains and utilizes knowledge of local and federal regulations to manage Human Resources policies and procedures
HR Systems and Processes
- Updates Associate information (e.g., status changes, reporting structure) in HRIS and other systems and maintains employee-related files
- Maintains accurate people data for expense allocation and reporting purposes
- Generates reports as needed or requested
- Acts as steward of the pyramid’s payroll and expense budget and maintains awareness of activities that may have an impact
- Leads the annual benefits renewal and open enrollment process, as applicable
- Provides guidance on compensation decisions
- Reviews complex FMLA, ADA, Leave of Absence requests and engages in the interactive process to determine best resolution
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties, responsibilities, or activities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred but not required
- 2-4 years’ experience in a Human Resources role required
- Basic understanding of major employment laws
- HR-related certification preferred
- Basic financial acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to effectively and tactfully resolve conflict
- Working knowledge of MS Office (emphasis on Excel) and Oracle HRIS (preferred).
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required.
- Posting Date: Sep 13, 2022
- Overtime Status: Exempt