About the Job
CHANEL is looking for a Senior Designer Manager to join our Store Design F&B MBR Team in New York. You will play a leading role in the design and execution of the brand Cap Ex effort to renovate our point of sales in the Multi Brand Retailer environment. The Senior Design Manager will report directly to the Group Director. Our ideal candidate will have 10 years of experience in retail design, and luxury environments, with a passion for architectural design, retail and, problem solving.
What impact you can create at CHANEL:
- Bring in luxury brand retail experience
- Manage large number of projects simultaneously
- Maintain great accuracy of information within current database
- Establish and maintain brand details higher standards
You are energized by…
- Working in a highly collaborative environment
- Navigating complexity and supporting consistent transformation and change
- Collaborating with passionate teammates
- People leadership, coaching and development
- Connecting the dots on problems, bring a key eye for details and expert problem perception
What you will bring to the team…
- High volume Project planning
- Design and execution of counter installation and renovations
- Managing external resources
- Pricing, bidding, and budget analysis
- Process and workflow management
- Brand Image quality control
- 8 years of Retail Design experience, Cosmetics (a plus)
- Ba Design / Architecture (a plus)
- Minimum 3 Days a week in the NYO
- Travel requirement 20%
What skills you will learn? What experiences might you have?
- Architectural design applied to various retail environments from experienced experts
- Collaboration in a highly organized workgroup
- Direct leader committed to individual development
- Opportunity to grow own team
The anticipated base salary range for this position is 77,200k-130,000k. Base salary is one component of the total compensation for this position. Other components [may/will] include additional compensation, benefits and perks.
Chanel is a private company whose values are grounded in creating the conditions for people to perform at their best and feel fulfilled and confident in their work. We offer a unique work environment where individuals are encouraged to better understand the brand, the business, and motivations, so that together we can unlock the possibilities of growth. This is reflected in:
Diversity and Inclusion
- At CHANEL , we are intentional in promoting Diversity & Inclusion. We foster respect, empathy and dignity for all. We believe strongly that the diversity of our people across the full spectrum of human differences is essential to our organisation and the connections we have with each other and our clients.
- We offer Employee Resource Groups in the Us that are voluntary, open to all, employee-led groups formed around a shared identity or lived experience, whose aim is to foster a diverse, inclusive, and equitable community aligned with the values and missions of the communities they support.
- CHANEL Community empowers our employees to channel their passions, talents and sense of purpose to contribute to and learn from our communities.
- Employees are encouraged to take time off annually to volunteer through Chanel Community. CHANEL also matches employee donations to select charitable organizations.
- CHANEL Mission 1.5° is our climate action plan. It is focused on transforming the business in line with the ambitions of the Paris Agreement on climate change to limit the average global mean temperature increase to 1.5 degrees Celsius above preindustrial levels.
- Employees are encouraged to contribute to our Us Sustainability efforts at the corporate level and within the divisions, through organized taskforces and initiatives.
Arts and Culture
- We are committed to extending our legacy of cultural engagement. Global support includes the CHANEL Culture Fund, which supports a select group of leading art culture institutions across the globe, and the CHANEL Next Prize for the next generation of creative talent. US support currently includes Annual sponsorship of the MoMa film program, Tribeca Film Festival programs and Through Her Lens, Support of the Academy Gold Fellowship for Women and Sponsorship of the BAAND Together Dance Festival at Lincoln Center
Career and Leadership Development:
- We have dedicated in-house teams focused on supporting the onboarding of employees, developing leadership skills via custom programs like Imagine Chanel People, Heart of Leadership and group and individual coaching, and blended online and live classes offered on our Bloom platform and by skilled trainers, such as Shape Your Career, to develop career building skills.
- Base salary, bonus potential and other forms of variable pay [may/will be] offered for this position
Benefits and Perks
- Flexibility (flexible time and hybrid work options)
- Wellbeing resources include dedicated paid time off for wellbeing (2-week August Office Closure and Wellbeing Days in Retail) and a Wellbeing fund
- Family and care giving benefits (inclusive of parental leave, fertility support, MilkStork, and Care.com Membership)
- Generous paid time off policies to include vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer days
- 401K, pension and other incentives
- Robust healthcare offerings; medical, dental, vision, MDLIVE (virtual care), One Medical, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care & Dependent Care), Health Savings Account and Employee Assistance Program
- Life insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Health Advocate, International Business Travel Accident & Medical, and Commuter Transit & Parking