As the Controller for Zegna, you will play a key role within the Finance team. This position plays a key role within the Finance group and works directly with the COO, is responsible to report to the COO any issues and suggest any implementation of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies, US GAAP and IFRS requirements.
- Manage a staff of 4 accountants, 1 treasurer, 2 account receivable and 2 account payable associates.
- Oversee the general accounting function, which includes inter-company accounting, cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting, balance sheet management (excluding inventory related items);
- Inform the COO of any issues affecting the policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected.
- Responsible for proper timing and application of revenue recognition rules.
- Ensure that company financial records are maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP and IFRS. Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance.
- Ensure that company financial reports are prepared in compliance with policies and directives and US GAAP/IFRS.
- Coordinate and support the tax consultants in the preparation of the Federal and State tax reporting requirements including tax planning
- Manage the completion of property tax, sales and use tax (including monitoring additional Nexus), payroll and other local taxes.
- Complete and oversees regular and ad hoc financial reporting.
- Assist and oversee both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records.
- Liaise with the COO to ensure that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities, noted above.
- Responsible for continued development of associates.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects and concurrent tasks and remain results and deadline driven
- Demonstrated ability to form, lead and develop high-performing team.
- Ability to manage and organize large amounts of information with strong attention to accuracy
- Ability to establish and execute effective processes which allow for the timely and accurate completion of assigned tasks across the department
- Ability to work effectively across departmental functions
- Experience in analyzing business performance and developing financial plans
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Accounting plus CPA certification (preferred but not required)
- 5 – 10 years of accounting or financial management experience.
- Strong follow-through and drive for results
- Availability to work in-person 3-4 days per week
- SAP is a must
- Knowledge of IFRS16 is also important to have
- Corporate taxes expertise
- Salary range: $140,000-$160,000 annually