The Store Manager is effective in leading, developing and supporting the sales and operations of the store in order to meet or exceed sales and profitability targets. The Store Manager supports business goals by tracking performance, reporting on key KPIs and developing strategy plans. This individual possesses a thorough understanding of client purchasing behaviors and has proven experience working successfully with a sales team to achieve deliverables in a client-centric retail environment. They are a strong, dynamic, decisive, inspiring and collaborative leader who builds a climate of service excellence and leads the team to deliver memorable client experiences.
Team Development and Management
- Motivate and support the team.
- Communicate strategic company initiatives by consistently sharing relevant information and by conducting staff meetings.
- Ensure that the team is aware of the company strategies, targets, marketing and retail activations.
- Educate and inspire team with product knowledge, company and industry information.
- Collaborate with Corporate departments to effectively communicate key messages, opportunities and needs.
- Identify coaching and training opportunities for the sales team.
- Implement effective coaching and training plan.
- Lead and manage the performance management process through regular individual meetings, including monthly, quarterly and annual review.
Sales and Client Experience
- Achieve store sales plan and other KPIs by driving client loyalty and spend.
- Identify business opportunities and implement actions to consistently achieve or exceed monthly, quarterly and annual store sales plan.
- Demonstrate leadership by playing an active role on the sales floor.
- Develop a strong understanding of the business and assess local market opportunities to implement a proactive and effective sales strategy.
- Maintain high standards of product knowledge, sales technique, clienteling and customer service.
- Implement client development strategies and support the team’s client strategies to ensure the growth of genuine client relationships resulting in increased business opportunities.
- CRM efforts such as data capture, client outreach, repeat and new business to ensure that the boutique objectives are met.
- Lead, promote and attend networking activities to increase company exposure, recognition and market penetration.
- Conduct daily meetings with staff to discuss current marketing, sales and target status for the month, anticipated traffic based on current events, recent merchandise arrivals, latest news related to the industry, policy changes, etc.
- Prepare regular sales reporting and analysis including monthly reports providing qualitative analysis for business growth.
- Participate in the daily set up and break down of store for opening and closing as needed.
- Support all aspects of operations including store’s maintenance needs, supply ordering and upkeep, and any needs to facilitate the sales process and management needs.
- Flexibility in work hours and shifts to ensure business needs are met.
- Ensure all paperwork is in line with company policies and processed in a timely manner.
- Ensure perfect audit scores for the store.
- Oversee all product movement efficiently, 100% tagging accuracy and quality control, review sales and ensure appropriate replenishment.
- Lead boutique inventory and reconciliation, cycle counts, safe organization.
- Have clear, concise and organized communication, be a strong team player, provide support to the team and be professional in all aspects.